Re: [F-Costume] RE: Sugru Silicone Clay

    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 3, 2011
      On 10/3/2011 4:14 PM, Jules wrote:
      > here is the reply to my Sugru vs. Oogru question from Sugru
      >
      > "Yes there's an instructable that someone made about a year ago showing
      > how to make a 'substitute' using silicone caulk and cornstarch. It'll
      > be a messy and probably quite smelly process, and the cured material
      > won't be anywhere near as strong or adhesive as sugru, however it will
      > by rubbery when cured and somewhat adhesive.
      Hey, a company that answers questions properly... cool... and thanks for
      checking w/ them.

      Going though the Sugru web is was amazing the stuff it held on to... and
      I was amazed at some of the things it could do.

      Have always experimented with caulk... but the stuff really reminds me
      of a Gumby episode where he's melting and turning into goo. Looks like
      you don't have to fight w/ Sugru... think there's some experimenting
      happening as budget allows.