Re: Coloring a hat

  • jlmonolith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2011
      Sorry for the lack of response. I've been busy and haven't had much of a chance to work on the hat, and now my deadline is almost here. I found that rubbing/scratching the felt brought out a lighter color, so I went at it with sandpaper. That ended up giving me the sort of effect I was looking for, but it isn't all that noticeable. Unfortunately I don't really have the time (or patience) to do that for another few hours. Plus the hat started losing the shape that I had steamed into it after mangling it while sanding. So it's a bit floppy now and I don't want to make it any worse.

      I uploaded a photo of what it looks like now. You can see it when it's well lit, but even the lightest part is barely noticeable with less light. Here's the photo:

      Gotta work on trim now.

      - Jeffrey