Re: [F-Costume] Unitard/Catsuit Pattern Help

  • Naresha
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2011
      I believe they are.

      --- On Sun, 19/6/11, Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...> wrote:

      From: Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...>
      Subject: Re: [F-Costume] Unitard/Catsuit Pattern Help
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: "Naresha" <north_shore_fruitcake@...>

      Are Kwick Sew patterns available in AU?

      Sharron

      ---- Naresha <north_shore_fruitcake@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,

      > Just wondering if anyone knows of a good unitard/catsuit pattern?  I know Green Pepper make one but unfortunately they don't ship to Australia and the company that distributes them out here only distributes a mere handful of their designs - and the unitard isn't among them! :(

      > I've searched over a good chunk of the net and even tried eBay but so far have only been able a couple of ballet patterns that aren't usable without copious amounts of alteration and some old pre-loved patterns on eBay.  I'm not able to draft my own pattern but I can alter existing ones without too much hassle.

      > I'm going to make several comic book costumes (Batman now, maybe X-Men down the track) and I'm going for the comic/cartoon style as opposed to the more modern movie style.  These are going to become part of a costume-making portfolio so the option of buying pre-made suits and simply adding to them is not an option - I need to make them from scratch!

      > Has anyone come across any patterns that they could recommend or does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could go about this?  I'm making both male and female characters for this project.

      > Thanks as always!

      > Resha.

      Alfheim Creations

      Faire wear, Fantasy Costumes, Steampunk & More.

      www.AlfheimCreations.esty.com

      follow me on Twitter for costume tips & updates

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 20, 2011
        If not, you may be able to use a leggings pattern (they were a dime a
        dozen back in the 80s) and a tshirt type pattern, and marry them with a
        little experimentation. Remember you need "negative ease" for the
        stretch fabric to fit really close.

        On 6/19/2011 4:19 AM, Naresha wrote:
        > I believe they are.
        >
        > --- On Sun, 19/6/11, Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...
        > <mailto:alfheimcreations%40cox.net>> wrote:
        >
        > From: Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...
        > <mailto:alfheimcreations%40cox.net>>
        > Subject: Re: [F-Costume] Unitard/Catsuit Pattern Help
        > To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com <mailto:F-Costume%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Cc: "Naresha" <north_shore_fruitcake@...
        > <mailto:north_shore_fruitcake%40yahoo.com.au>>
        >

        > Are Kwick Sew patterns available in AU?
        >
        > Sharron

      • Alyson
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2011
          There are several uni-tard patterns with Kwik Sew.

          One cannot silly-walk into Mordor.

          ________________________________
          If not, you may be able to use a leggings pattern (they were a dime a
          dozen back in the 80s) and a tshirt type pattern, and marry them with a
          little experimentation. Remember you need "negative ease" for the
          stretch fabric to fit really close.

          On 6/19/2011 4:19 AM, Naresha wrote:
          > I believe they are.
          >
          > --- On Sun, 19/6/11, Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...
          > <mailto:alfheimcreations%40cox.net>> wrote:
          >
          > From: Alfheim Creations <alfheimcreations@...
          > <mailto:alfheimcreations%40cox.net>>
          > Subject: Re: [F-Costume] Unitard/Catsuit Pattern Help
          > To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com <mailto:F-Costume%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Cc: "Naresha" <north_shore_fruitcake@...
          > <mailto:north_shore_fruitcake%40yahoo.com.au>>
          >

          > Are Kwick Sew patterns available in AU?
          >
          > Sharron

        • Kevin Curley
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2011