Re: [F-Costume] Steampunk vs. Neo Victorian

  • Andrew T Trembley
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2011
      On Jan 29, 2011, at 7:36 PM, Alyson wrote:
      > My daughter is having a Neo-Victorian wedding. Some of the pictures of costumes
      > include steampunk. What is the difference between steampunk and Neo-Victorian?

      Steampunk is science fiction-inspired and technologically oriented. Neo-Victorian isn't.

      There are longer answers. Steampunk doesn't have to be Victorian, and doesn't have to be derived from the English-speaking world, although commonly it's both.

      andy
    • Naresha
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2011
        I think that's perhaps the best advice anyone could give - find out EXACTLY what your daughter wants. There are so many different and widely varied elements to Neo-Victorian and Steampunk that the number of possible combinations is nearly endless. Find out what elements are essential, what elements are desirable and what elements she doesn't want.  Once you understand those things, I think you'll be in  a better place to start piecing together her dream outfit. :)

        Resha.