Interesting new show

  • Ann Garner
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
      I just saw a commercial for a show to be on SyFy channel starting January 27.

      The show is Face Off, and is a competition of make-up people. The
      commercial was quite interesting. The woman was fast-framed made up
      into an old woman, a blue alien, several other faces I can't recall
      at the moment, then finally a man. I'll definitely be watching, at
      least the first episode.
      Ann in Arkansas
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2011
        On 1/8/2011 4:41 AM, Ann Garner wrote:
        > The show is Face Off, and is a competition of make-up people.

        I saw the commercial. I wonder if they'll go standard personalities
        face-off... or actually treat the viewers as intelligent... and instead
        show us the different techniques folks are using. That I would love...

        ....But given Skif-ies modern face with prancing unicorns and
        wrestlers... I don't think they'll take the high road.

        -Cat-
      • Sheree Cobernus
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9, 2011
          You say skifie too! Love it!
          Sheree

          Sent from my iPod

          On Jan 8, 2011, at 12:15 PM, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

          > On 1/8/2011 4:41 AM, Ann Garner wrote:
          > > The show is Face Off, and is a competition of make-up people.
          >
          > I saw the commercial. I wonder if they'll go standard personalities
          > face-off... or actually treat the viewers as intelligent... and instead
          > show us the different techniques folks are using. That I would love...
          >
          > ....But given Skif-ies modern face with prancing unicorns and
          > wrestlers... I don't think they'll take the high road.

        • Johanna
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 25, 2011
            Face off begins in Canada on the Space channel on Thursday. It might be worth catching. Not much description of the show, just a time lapse sequence with three makeup applications.
            Johanna

            --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Ann Garner <mystique@...> wrote:

            > I just saw a commercial for a show to be on SyFy channel starting January 27.
            >
            > The show is Face Off, and is a competition of make-up people. The
            > commercial was quite interesting. The woman was fast-framed made up
            > into an old woman, a blue alien, several other faces I can't recall
            > at the moment, then finally a man. I'll definitely be watching, at
            > least the first episode.
            > Ann in Arkansas

          • Ann Garner
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
              At 06:49 PM 1/25/2011, you wrote:
              >Face off begins in Canada on the Space channel on Thursday. It
              >might be worth catching. Not much description of the show, just a
              >time lapse sequence with three makeup applications.
              >Johanna
              It's in the USA on Syfy at 10pm eastern time Wednesday. It will also
              be showing at 2pm central time Thursday, Friday at 1am central, 7am
              central, then Satruday at midnight, central time. Sunday at 4am and
              8am central. Tuesday 12:30am central, On 02/02 at 7am, and 6pm
              central Those all show to be the same episode.

              Looks like Tuesdays at 6pm and 9pm central times after the first week.
              Thanks for the reminder
              Ann in Arkansas
            • Ann Garner
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2011
                I guess I should have waited until I went through my all my email
                before posting that information.

                Syfy sent 2 information emails about face off. The show has a web site
                www.syfy.com/faceoff
                Ann in Arkansas