Our 15th Anniversary Online

  • penny@costumegallery.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2011
      Today our The Costume Gallery Websites 15th Anniversary. Hard to believe
      that we have been online that long. I started the online Research Library
      as a college student. In 1996, there were only a handful of costume related
      websites. After having trouble finding sites to research, I started the
      online Library and purchasing old costume history publications to put on the
      website. I rarely give my own opinion on the sites' content. I save my
      opinions for Facebook. My goal all these years with the websites is to
      present the resources for others to research.

      To celebrate our anniversary, we are opening up free access to the public
      for 13 of 14 websites. The Costume Classroom is only open to our students.
      Please let your friends know about our free access. Our Anniversary free
      access will end Friday night, 10 PM, East Coast U.S. time. Passwords and
      details are below.

      Passwords for all The Costume Gallery Websites except the Costume Classroom:

      Login: cg2003

      Password: ksp264adb

      OUR WEBSITES:

      The Costume Gallery's main website: http://www.costumegallery.com

      ____________________________________

      The Costume Gallery Research Library: http://www.costumelibrary.com

      ____________________________________

      The Costume, Fashion, & Textile Dictionary
      http://www.costumegallery.com/Library/Dictionary/dictionary.pdf

      ____________________________________

      Costume Encyclopedia: http://www.costumeencyclopedia.com

      Over 770 entries and 407 images of costume descriptions and definitions.

      ____________________________________

      Fashion Color Database: http://www.fcdatabase.com

      Over 2100 entries of color names and their trends, definitions, or usage.

      The passwords for the FCD: ksp264adb. Do not use the login ***cg2003*** like
      for the Library.

      ____________________________________

      Library's Slideshows: http://www.costumeslideshows.com

      25 slideshows with 1,852 photos.

      ____________________________________

      Designers of Their Time: http://www.pastdesigners.com

      85 fashion designers and 479 images. The passwords are the same as for the
      Library.

      ____________________________________

      Wedding Fashion History: http://www.antiquebrides.com

      ____________________________________

      Hairstyle History: http://www.pasthairstyles.com

      ____________________________________

      Children's Clothing History: http://www.pastkidsclothes.com

      ____________________________________

      Sunday's Best Clothes: 1st Communion & Confirmation Antique Photos:
      http://www.communionhistory.com

      Hats Off!!! Hat History: http://www.pasthats.com

      Online Costume Ball: http://www.onlinecostumeball.com

      Penny Ladnier, owner

      The Costume Gallery Websites

      www.costumegallery.com

      14 websites of fashion, costume, and textile history