A new community issue of Virtual Costumer is on line!

  • celefinniel
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 22, 2010
      This "between the wars" issue has articles on Egyptomania, Vionnet, Erté, the evolution of the bra, ICG Lifetime Achievement winners, and how-to's on shoes and hats of the 1920's and 30's, and much more.

      To read this issue go to:

      http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 3.

      Enjoy!

      Phil Gust
      editor
    • Penny Ladnier
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 22, 2010
        Phil,

        These are good articles. Thank you for sharing.

        Penny Ladnier,
        Owner, The Costume Gallery Websites
        www.costumegallery.com
        11 websites of costume, fashion and textile history.

      • celefinniel
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 18, 2011
          This Victorian and Edwardian issue has articles on the plume trade, Victorian buttons, hair jewelry, a famous painting in costumes, a remembrance of SiW member Kayta Barrows, and much more.

          To read this issue go to:

          http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 8 issue 4.

          Enjoy!

          Phil Gust
          editor
        • celefinniel
          Message 4 of 22 , May 18, 2011
            Fantasy costuming offers plenty of challenges in this issue.
            Check out the articles on velvet stamping, green screen photography,
            paper fashions by Isabelle de Borchgrave and Mardi Gras embellishment delights.

            To read this issue go to:

            http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 9 issue 1.

            Enjoy!

            Phil Gust
            editor
          • Bowker,Cynthia M
            Message 5 of 22 , May 19, 2011
              Awesome! Inspiration for my vintage fairy costume :) Thanks!

              Cynthia Bowker
              Library IT
              University of Florida
              352-273-2800

              Message 6 of 22 , May 19, 2011
                Glad you liked the issue. All the back issues are free to view and indexed online by author and title/topic. I hope you get some great photos of your costume!

                --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Bowker,Cynthia M" <cbowker@...> wrote:

                > Awesome! Inspiration for my vintage fairy costume :) Thanks!
                >

                > Cynthia Bowker
                > Library IT
                > University of Florida
                > 352-273-2800

              • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                Message 7 of 22 , May 21, 2011
                  At 11:26 PM 5/18/2011, you wrote:

                  Phil, When I click on the issue I get a request
                  for a sign in and password. I did double check to
                  make sure I was choosing Vol 9 issue and not issue 2.

                  Pierre

                  >Fantasy costuming offers plenty of challenges in this issue.
                  >Check out the articles on velvet stamping, green screen photography,
                  >paper fashions by Isabelle de Borchgrave and
                  >Mardi Gras embellishment delights.
                  >
                  >To read this issue go to:
                  >
                  ><http://www.SiWCostumers.org>http://www.SiWCostumers.org
                  >and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 9 issue 1.
                  >
                  >Enjoy!
                  >
                  >Phil Gust
                  >editor

                  "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                  Are Doomed to Repeat It;
                  Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                  Achemdro'hm
                  "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
                  -- C. Y. 4971

                  Andromeda

                • celefinniel
                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 18, 2012
                    As "clothes make the man" they also define the heroes and villains of history, literature and our own imaginations. Includes Real Life Costumed Crusaders, making the Godzilla costume, and a lesson on costuming for heroes and villains.

                    http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 9 issue 4.

                    Enjoy!

                    Phil Gust
                    editor
                  • celefinniel
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 27, 2012
                      This issue explores elements of costuming, accessories and related culture that are quintessentially American. Includes Native American Attire, What Lizzie Borden Wore, and the Eisenhower Jacket's Influence on Fashion.

                      To read your issue go to:

                      http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 1.

                      Enjoy!

                      Phil Gust
                      editor
                    • celefinniel
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 27, 2012
                        This issue celebrates the costumes and costume designers of Broadway and Hollywood. Highlights include replicating Cyd Charisse's iconic green dress, Cleopatra's Phoenix cape and Costuming for body types.

                        http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 2.

                        Enjoy!

                        Phil Gust
                        editor
                      • celefinniel
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 25, 2012
                          This issue explores many aspects of the supernatural and the opportunities they present for creative costuming. Articles cover Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Haunted Mansion, and costuming Make-up and Special Effects.

                          http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 3.

                          Enjoy!

                          Phil Gust
                          editor
                        • celefinniel
                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 27, 2013
                            This issue explores some of the more unusual aspects of technologies used in the costumer's art from useful devices to truly wacky inventions.

                            http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 10 issue 4.

                            Enjoy!

                            Phil Gust
                            editor
                          • celefinniel
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 31, 2013
                              This issue explores how costumers organize their workspaces,projects and materials.

                              http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue. Choose Volume 11 issue 1.

                              Enjoy!

                              Phil Gust
                              editor
                            • celefinniel
                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 31, 2013
                                This issue provides a gentle introduction to the Furry fandom and fursuit costuming. http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.   Choose Volume 11 issue 2. Enjoy! Phil Gust editor
                              • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 26, 2013
                                    Step back to the romantic age of the Georgian and Regency periods!

                                    http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.
                                    Choose Volume 11 issue 3.

                                    Enjoy!

                                    Phil Gust
                                    editor
                                  • celefinniel
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 28, 2014
                                      Hats Off!  Celebrate the many forms of hats and headgear, from historical to fantasy and sci-fi.

                                      Visit http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.   Choose Volume 11 issue 4.

                                      Enjoy!
                                      Phil Gust
                                      editor
                                    • celefinniel
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 1, 2014
                                        Delve into the costuming for one of the most popular sci-fi/fantasy series ever: Doctor Who!

                                        To read your issue go to:
                                        http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue
                                        Select the Community issue, Volume 12 issue 1.

                                        Enjoy!
                                        Phil Gust
                                        editor

                                      • celefinniel
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 27, 2014
                                          Celebrate the magic of the Wonderful World of Disney Costuming!

                                          http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.
                                          Choose Volume 12 issue 2.

                                          Enjoy!

                                          Phil Gust
                                          editor
                                        • celefinniel
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Nov 29, 2014

                                            Embellishment and Wearable Arts, incorporating unusual materials and construction techniques to provide costumers with new avenues for creativity.

                                            http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.  Choose Volume 12 issue 3.

                                            Enjoy!

                                            Phil Gust
                                            editor

                                          • celefinniel
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Feb 25

                                              Odds & Ends, featuring in-depth articles by some amazing authors on range of topics -- a potpourri to inspire you during the winter season.

                                              http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.  Choose Volume 12 issue 4.

                                              Enjoy!

                                              Philip Gust
                                              Editor, The Virtual Costumer
                                              editor

                                            • celefinniel
                                              Message 22 of 22 , May 31

                                                The Virtual Costumer Volume 13 Issue 1 Gods & Men, featuring costumes worn by the gods themselves, by their acolytes and by those who worship them is now available.  Take a look at the amazing Athena costume in this issue!

                                                http://www.SiWCostumers.org and select Virtual Costumer, then Current Issue.
                                                Choose Volume 13 issue 1.

                                                Enjoy!

                                                Phil Gust