Sparkling Veil from 'Excalibur'

  • lirianna
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 14, 2010
      Hello to the list!

      I am a new member and am looking for information on the beaded wedding veil worn by Gwenevere in John Boorman's movie 'Excalibur' which was made in 1981.

      Does anyone have any information on how to construct it or a current source for purchasing something made like it?

      Thank you for any help. :)
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 15, 2010
        >> Does anyone have any information on how to construct it or a current
        source for purchasing something made like it?

        Would you provide some links to pict6ures of what you're trying to
        reproduce?

        We have a lot of folks who are skilled at figuring out things, but
        doesn't necessarily know the movie.

        -Cat-
      • lirianna
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2010
          --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

          > Would you provide some links to pict6ures of what you're trying to
          > reproduce?

          Hello, Cat! Thank you for responding to my post.

          Due to the age of this movie, I have not been able to find any good quality photos of the wedding scene. The few that I was able to find I saved to my harddrive. I created a folder in the Photos section and uploaded 3 pictures there. Please let me know if they don't show up correctly for reference.

          The best thing I can say to get a "feel" for this veil is that it appeared to be fairly heavy. The picture where Gwenevere is taking a goblet to drink out of you will notice that the other hand is under her veil. In that scene, she lifts up the veil so that she can take a drink. You can see the weight of the veil as it hangs against her hand. You can also see how the veil hangs straight down over her face... there is no lightness to it.

          I hope this will help. Again, thank you to everyone here for any help/advice you can provide! :)