Re: need pattern for Avitrix jodphers

  • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2010
      If she's close to a small adult size - here's some:

      http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=511204

      New Italian Military Wool Riding Pants

      $19.95.

      Says only available in Med. and Large. Note
      large is maybe a 34" waist - we ordered some to
      take apart for a pattern. Olive drab wool.

      Sportsman's Guide is great for cheap military
      surplus - and not always U.S. Military.

      HTH,
      Sandy

      At 03:44 AM 7/14/2010, you wrote:

      >Hi, getting a jump on Halloween, my daughter(who
      >has never sewn) wants to make a pair of jodphers
      >for an 1920's /30's Axitrix costume.
      >Will buy pattern if I must, but financially it
      >would be better if I could get ideas on how to
      >adapt or if someone knows of a free pattern for
      >these pants, we would greatly appriciate it.
      >melody & Becky

      "Those Who Fail to Learn History
      Are Doomed to Repeat It;
      Why They Are Simply Doomed."

      Achemdro'hm
      "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
      -- C. Y. 4971

      Andromeda
    • Serit
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
        Those 'sportsmen's' Italian jodhpurs look to be the best, coolest, least expensive, fastest route to doing the pattern.

        I knew there was a Folkwear pattern for them, but I didn't find it on the website and emailed them. The current owner/s emailed back and said it was #506-Equestriennes and discountinued, but that Amazon Dry Goods bought a load of about-to-be-discontinued FW patterns and may still have a copy or two.

        That's Amazon Dry Goods & Pickling Works, and no, it's not Amazon the etailer (although, you might try there--they have everything else, it seems). Amazon Dry Goods was started by re-enactors, if I'm not mistaken. They have tons of goodies for costumers and re-enactors, and no I'm not an employee.

        Best Wishes, Happy Summer!!
        Serit

        In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "hobbitmomof4" wrote:
        >Hi, getting a jump on Halloween, my daughter(who has never sewn)
        >wants to make a pair of jodphers for an 1920's/30's Aviatrix
        >costume. Will buy pattern if I must, but financially it would be
        >better if I could get ideas on how to adapt or if someone knows
        >of a free pattern for these pants, we would greatly appriciate it.
        >Melody & Becky
      • Melody Watts
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
          I went to "Brass Goggles" a SteamPunk groups page and found the same rec. by a member there, ordered them at 2 am today. Thanks!   great site I forgot about. I bought a green canvasArmy Motorcycle Courrier Duster coat there for $15.00, mucho years ago when the C&W craze was hot. Drover coats were like $200.00 buck!
          Daughter is a firm, 18 yr old, so no fit problem there, Once they get here I plan to "de- construct" them and maybe cut a larger,"mature lady figure" set for me. ;~>
          melody

          " But, WHY, is the Rum all gone?"

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2010
            Thanks for the reply...got those this morning.Figured w /pattern cost ,S&H,material and time. I couldn't beat the price.
            melody

            " But, WHY, is the Rum all gone?"