Re: [F-Costume] Beaded fringe

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31 11:51 PM
      Was looking at the picture from "Nine" again.
      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GIchwvJ-aNk/SzuqG7vUHII/AAAAAAAANv4/TrNNcR6GDIM/s800/Folies+bergere+Nine+film+costume.jpg

      The beaded trim has been applied up side down, at least in the center.
      See that 3-D fall of trim?? That's the trim secured down under the
      band, tightly, up-side down. When turned right side up, it flows. ie,
      besides a good effect, another way to hide the band.

      -Cat-
    • jerry baer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
        Hi my name is Jerry Baer I have been making bead gowns and costumes  for girls and boys  in pageants and stage wear since 1970's.. The costume in question looks like the design was beaded and used as appliqued to the fabric... Now the fringe  takes a long time to make  You string one bead at a time as long as you like your fringe to be and leave about 3-5 inchs of thread so you can sew it on the costume
        If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 1-330-453-1055 (Eastern Standed Time Zone U.S.A.)