Re: Tracing Tables...

  • jehanni2
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 8, 2009
      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Sterling" <dailylunatic@...> wrote:

      <snip> Do you notice sag or flex in the middle of the plexi? Did you support the middle in any way?

      If you put the plexi over a glass table top, the glass will support it--no sag.

      Glass-top tables are fairly weasy to find in stores or thrift stores. I'll bet, without websurfing to verify, that IKEA has a glass top that can combine with various heights of legs.

      The lightboxes (various sizes) I have all have frosted glass surfaces, to diffuse the lightsource, cut glare, even out "dull" spots. All use flourescent tube bulbs as well, for larger surface/coverage, cut down on heat, and be more energy-efficient.

      I would pay some thought to height so that you minimize muscle strain in your back and neck: now that I'm approaching 50, I'm much more sensitive to the damage I've accumulated from a lifetime of poor posture and intense concentration. ;-)