Re: [F-Costume] Ella Dee's leather coat from "HEX"

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
      I own a pattern that is almost exactly like the coat she's wearing. I can't remember who makes it (I'll have to look when I get home) but its a long equestrian coat with those poofy sleeves. I can picture it in my head - a blond lady in a camel colored coat (very country) standing by a fence with a horse. gggrrr Wish I could remember where I got it. I did a quick online search of all the major pattern companies and its not there so that means its discontinued. But you can always find patterns on ebay. I'll scan a pic and drop it in a file this evening unless someone knows which pattern I'm talking about (Cat).

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
        Welcome to the madness! Remember, the person with the biggest fabric stash last wins!

        Regarding Ella Dee's coat, try Simplicity 5386; it's a "Matrix" or "Equilibrium" knockoff; I don't know how the back looks, and you may have to tighten the fit above the waistline.

        Try this link:

        http://www.simplicity.com/p-2235-costumes.aspx

        If that doesn't look good enough, someone else very likely has a better pattern. Don't be thrown because it's a mens' pattern, double-check which way the character's coat is buttoned and adjust accordingly.

        Happy Hannukah, Happy Yule, Happy Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year!!!
        Serit

        In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "cynagua" wrote:
        >Hello, I just joined the group tonight!!
        >I was wondering if anyone has information about the leather coat
        >worn by the character "Ella Dee" on BBC's TV series HEX?
        > Here is a link for you to see the coat in action!
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE>
        >I also found a Vogue coat pattern that would work, but obviously
        >would need some sleeve readjustment.
        > <http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1266.htm?tab=list/jackets_coats&page\=all>
        >
        >Thanks much!!!
      • cynagua
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
          Hi all...thanks for tackling this problem. Could this be the pattern Sheree?

          http://www.suitability.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5172

          Thanks, Lana

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
            Sorry Lana that's not it. The one I have is reeeeeeeeeeeeally country  - like Little House on the Prairie kinda country and looks exactly like the coat in Hex.

            Hi all...thanks for tackling this problem. Could this be the pattern Sheree?

            http://www.suitabil ity.com/ProductD etails.asp? ProductCode= 5172

            Thanks, Lana

            --- In F-Costume@yahoogrou ps.com, slc_fire <slc_fire@.. .> wrote:

            I own a pattern that is almost exactly like the coat she's wearing. I can't remember who makes it (I'll have to look when I get home) but its a long equestrian coat with those poofy sleeves. I can picture it in my head - a blond lady in a camel colored coat (very country) standing by a fence with a horse. gggrrr Wish I could remember where I got it. I did a quick online search of all the major pattern companies and its not there so that means its discontinued. But you can always find patterns on ebay. I'll scan a pic and drop it in a file this evening unless someone knows which pattern I'm talking about (Cat).

            > Sheree
            > Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!

          • Donnely's BlueRose
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
              http://www.oldpatterns.com/links.html this page has a great list of
              pattern companies

              http://www.patternsoftime.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RC806&cat=1 is it
              along these lines?

              new to the list, just a Hello!

              Donnely
              www.downhummingbirdlane.com (under heavy re-construction)
              http://realmofthebluerosedragon.wordpress.com/

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2009
                I found it!! The pattern is simplicity #9453! Looks pretty darn close to Ella Dee's coat. Looks like the collar is just a tad bit different but the body and the sleeves are spot on.

              • cynagua
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 3, 2009
                  Thanks Sheree!!! You are right!!!

                  I checked it out this pattern and it certainly seems like the same coat with a few minor adjustments. This an OOP, but I see it on Ebay for a starting price of $25.00! Ouch! Thanks much!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 3, 2009
                    $25?!?! Ouch is right! There needs to be a pattern exchange like swaptree! Course patterns can get really beat up so maybe swapping isn't a good idea. But $25 is highway robbery!