Ella Dee's leather coat from "HEX"

  • cynagua
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2009
      Hello, I just joined the group tonight!!

      I was wondering if anyone has information about the leather coat worn by
      the character "Ella Dee" on BBC's TV series HEX?

      Here is a link for you to see the coat in action!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE
      <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE>

      I also found a vogue coat pattern that would work, but obviously would
      need some sleeve readjustment.
      http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1266.htm?tab=list/jackets_coats&page=\
      all
      <http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1266.htm?tab=list/jackets_coats&page\
      =all>

      Thanks much!!!

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
        I own a pattern that is almost exactly like the coat she's wearing. I can't remember who makes it (I'll have to look when I get home) but its a long equestrian coat with those poofy sleeves. I can picture it in my head - a blond lady in a camel colored coat (very country) standing by a fence with a horse. gggrrr Wish I could remember where I got it. I did a quick online search of all the major pattern companies and its not there so that means its discontinued. But you can always find patterns on ebay. I'll scan a pic and drop it in a file this evening unless someone knows which pattern I'm talking about (Cat).

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
          Welcome to the madness! Remember, the person with the biggest fabric stash last wins!

          Regarding Ella Dee's coat, try Simplicity 5386; it's a "Matrix" or "Equilibrium" knockoff; I don't know how the back looks, and you may have to tighten the fit above the waistline.

          Try this link:

          http://www.simplicity.com/p-2235-costumes.aspx

          If that doesn't look good enough, someone else very likely has a better pattern. Don't be thrown because it's a mens' pattern, double-check which way the character's coat is buttoned and adjust accordingly.

          Happy Hannukah, Happy Yule, Happy Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year!!!
          Serit

          In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "cynagua" wrote:
          >Hello, I just joined the group tonight!!
          >I was wondering if anyone has information about the leather coat
          >worn by the character "Ella Dee" on BBC's TV series HEX?
          > Here is a link for you to see the coat in action!
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE
          > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC8ZEDUwiE>
          >I also found a Vogue coat pattern that would work, but obviously
          >would need some sleeve readjustment.
          > <http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V1266.htm?tab=list/jackets_coats&page\=all>
          >
          >Thanks much!!!
        • cynagua
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
            Hi all...thanks for tackling this problem. Could this be the pattern Sheree?

            http://www.suitability.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=5172

            Thanks, Lana

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
              Sorry Lana that's not it. The one I have is reeeeeeeeeeeeally country  - like Little House on the Prairie kinda country and looks exactly like the coat in Hex.

              Hi all...thanks for tackling this problem. Could this be the pattern Sheree?

              http://www.suitabil ity.com/ProductD etails.asp? ProductCode= 5172

              Thanks, Lana

              --- In F-Costume@yahoogrou ps.com, slc_fire <slc_fire@.. .> wrote:

              I own a pattern that is almost exactly like the coat she's wearing. I can't remember who makes it (I'll have to look when I get home) but its a long equestrian coat with those poofy sleeves. I can picture it in my head - a blond lady in a camel colored coat (very country) standing by a fence with a horse. gggrrr Wish I could remember where I got it. I did a quick online search of all the major pattern companies and its not there so that means its discontinued. But you can always find patterns on ebay. I'll scan a pic and drop it in a file this evening unless someone knows which pattern I'm talking about (Cat).

              > Sheree
              > Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!

            • Donnely's BlueRose
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
                http://www.oldpatterns.com/links.html this page has a great list of
                pattern companies

                http://www.patternsoftime.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RC806&cat=1 is it
                along these lines?

                new to the list, just a Hello!

                Donnely
                www.downhummingbirdlane.com (under heavy re-construction)
                http://realmofthebluerosedragon.wordpress.com/

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2009
                  I found it!! The pattern is simplicity #9453! Looks pretty darn close to Ella Dee's coat. Looks like the collar is just a tad bit different but the body and the sleeves are spot on.

                • cynagua
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 3, 2009
                    Thanks Sheree!!! You are right!!!

                    I checked it out this pattern and it certainly seems like the same coat with a few minor adjustments. This an OOP, but I see it on Ebay for a starting price of $25.00! Ouch! Thanks much!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2009
                      $25?!?! Ouch is right! There needs to be a pattern exchange like swaptree! Course patterns can get really beat up so maybe swapping isn't a good idea. But $25 is highway robbery!