Re: Wig help

  • Candy
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
      Thanks! I forgot to add that I actually coated the inside of the first wig with the spirit gum and glued it down on the bald cap. So that thing wasn't moving! No worries about someone knocking it off if you do that. It won't budge until you peel the whole thing from your head.
      -Candy

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Naresha <north_shore_fruitcake@...> wrote:

      > WOW!!!  That is certainly an awesome wig!!!  It is certainly something to consider!  I've got til August so I do have time to play with it - I have been considering brushing some black hairspray through my own hair and doing it that way too.  I need to be able to do some dance moves for a photoshoot and apparently the biggest risk is me getting a shoulder in the face, so I'm thinking there's probably a good chance my wig could slip or be knocked off... But I really do want a wig so I can pose in my costume properly.

    • Naresha
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2009
        Ah, that is a clever idea!  Did having the wig attached to the bald cap make it any harder to pull on?  I'm rather an awkward thing, prone to breaking things that one didn't think were breakable and I can see myself splitting a baldcap when putting it on (I've done it before!) especially with the weight of a wig attached to it.

        Okay... 20 questions time, hope you don't mind!

        When you cut the wig, did that create any problems with losing hair/thinning the wig at all?  And how many goes did it take you before you got it right?

        How did you get the right positioning on your head?  Did you have someone help you glue it down or mark it out on the cap? And did positioning the wig further back than intended on your head
        cause any problems with the shape/tightness of the wig itself?  The way
        I see it - not sure if I'm right here - is that a wig cap is shaped in
        such a way that it's designed to fit snugly on your head in a certain
        way and if you push it back, the fit won't be as good.

        Resha

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2009
          Did having the wig attached to the bald cap make it any harder to pull on?
          * First time I did it, I actually put the bald cap on first all by itself, then put the wig on over it. Since they are glued together, they came off in one piece and are now a single unit.

          > Okay... 20 questions time, hope you don't mind!
          No problem!

          > When you cut the wig, did that create any problems with losing hair/thinning the wig at all?  And how many goes did it take you before you got it right?
          * I just needed a small square from the 2nd wig and got it on the first try. I cut more than I thought I'd need and then trimmed around the edges.

          > How did you get the right positioning on your head?  Did you have someone help you glue it down or mark it out on the cap? And did positioning the wig further back than intended on your head
          > cause any problems with the shape/tightness of the wig itself?  The way
          > I see it - not sure if I'm right here - is that a wig cap is shaped in
          > such a way that it's designed to fit snugly on your head in a certain
          > way and if you push it back, the fit won't be as good.

          * I did it by myself. I looked so ridiculous in the bald cap that I told my husband to stay out of the bathroom! I just pulled it down on my head, drew a line with a pen, said a prayer and cut.
          I had no problem wearing the wig back on my head because I have long hair and had it all pinned up, so it made my head bigger, if that makes sense. Then because I glued the wig onto the cap, it took care of any wiggle room it had.