Re: Material sources?

  • mafgreene
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17, 2009
      oh and when i say "okay selection" i mean for the price - don;t get me wrong - they have some amazing fabrics, but i hat paying 5 times as much wwhen i could have driven to nyc and back for the same thing and still paid less including gas

      --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "mafgreene" <mafgreene@...> wrote:

      > gstreet has an okay selction when it comes to knit wear - spandex or other stretch but you should also check out some of the local places in langley park if you decide to continue with knitwear but not just spandex
      >
      > www.spandexhouse.com is also another amazing online resource
      >
      > Their customer service is fantstic and their prices are great ( i am also a big fan of spandex world)
      > The one thing i really love about Spandex House is their delivery time - unreal! as in break the time-space continum (sp?) kind of unreal.
      > They are in NYC and delvery is record time. I have placed an order for 50 yards of various fabrics at 4pm and had the whole order 10am the next morning in Bethesda MD - which just proves that any online store that tries to tell me that they can't process an order, cut the fabric and ship within 24 hours (for 3 yards one fabric) doesn;t know how to run their business
      >
      > I am also a big fan of fabric.com - also great customer service
      >
      > marietta
      >

      > ---
    • jehanni2
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 17, 2009
        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, slc_fire <slc_fire@...> wrote:

        <snip> I would love some leather sources too!

        I agree that leather is something I'd rather touch before I buy, so I haven't purchased much online. My local fabric store, G-Street Fabrics, carries small skins for purses and trim, but they are not particularly inexpensive. In Thurmont, MD, Discount Fabrics USA has hides for upholstery purposes (they tend to be much sturdier and bigger--Cows and half cows, not rabbits and lambs), and they are even on the web! Ihttp://www.discountfabricsusacorp.com/index.html

        And of course, you can google "leather hides retail" to see if there's anyone near you.

        Jonatha
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 17, 2009
          mafgreene wrote:
          > gstreet has an okay selction when it comes to knit wear - spandex or other stretch but you should also check out some of the local places in langley park if you decide to continue with knitwear but not just spandex
          >
          > www.spandexhouse.com is also another amazing online resource
          if you ever go to NY, the two spandex places are across the street from
          each other!

          > Their customer service is fantstic and their prices are great ( i am also a big fan of spandex world)
          > The one thing i really love about Spandex House is their delivery time - unreal! as in break the time-space continum (sp?) kind of unreal.
          > They are in NYC and delvery is record time. I have placed an order for 50 yards of various fabrics at 4pm and had the whole order 10am the next morning in Bethesda MD - which just proves that any online store that tries to tell me that they can't process an order, cut the fabric and ship within 24 hours (for 3 yards one fabric) doesn;t know how to run their business

          Spandex House does have fabulous delivery, even on their swatches.
          Spandex World is very slow on their swatches although their order
          delivery time is better. both have some fascinating stuff on their websites.

          > I am also a big fan of fabric.com - also great customer service
          not me. I find they can't tell the difference between 100%cotton
          corduroy and lycra blend, and when I sent them a swatch back, they said
          they never got it! Although the address I sent it to was the same one
          they said I should use. Either they sent me the wrong fabric or their
          bolt is mislabeled.. either way, they keep insisting it's 100% cotton
          (yeah, with a stretch like that!)...

          -Judy
        • maethoriel_jasmine
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 18, 2009