Re: That fantabulous store in NC

  • Margaret Richardson
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2009
      http://www.maryjos.com/ in Gastonia, NC. I used to live in NC and this store is pretty unbelieveable if they still carry what they used to carry. Of course there are fabulous stores elsewhere that are only brick and mortar. You are definitely at an advantage if you can actually go in the store and see the fabric firsthand as others have pointed out already.

      http://www.fabricdepot.com/ in Portland, OR is pretty amazing and luckily I can drive to it--plus they have frequent 39-40% off everything in the store sales.

      Margaret Richardson

      Messages in this topic (5)
      3b.

      Re: Material sources?
      Posted by: "slc_fire" slc_fire@...   slc_fire
      Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:08 pm (PDT)

      Hi Jilly,

      I found fabric for my tudor at a great place in Atlanta called Forsyth Fabrics.  They have a big discount clearance room that is great to dig through for deals. If you aren't in the Atlanta area check in your yellow pages for upholstery fabric stores and call around to see if they have the same kind of set up. You never really know what you're going to get from online stores even if they list the content and weight. I just always feel better if I can touch it.

      The exception my rule is usually 100% linen, cotton or silk. I don't mind buying those online. If I want those I go to fabric.com or fabric-store. com.

      There's also a fantabulous store in North Carolina but for the life of me I can't remember the name. I seem to recall it have a woman's name. Maybe someone else can name it.

      Sheree Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2009
        Mary Jos! That's it!! Thanks Margaret!

        Sheree Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we are here we might as well dance!

        Posted by: "slc_fire" slc_fire@yahoo. com   slc_fire

        .