Sari borders

  • Anna M.C.
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
      Please, does anyone here know where I can buy sari borders/metallic
      jacquard trim similar to this for a costume?
      http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L11602866.jpg

      I find this trim all over the place in home decor products -- I own
      pillows, a comforter, placemats, etc. -- but darned if I can figure out
      where to buy just the trim by itself, and I don't particularly want to
      dismantle my pillows, comforter, placemats, etc. to raid the trim.

      Thank you!

      Anna M.C.
      --

      2009 North American Discworld Convention
      http://www.nadwcon.org
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        Check with Maritabeth.  There is a shop that sells saris in the Dallas area.  I have seen the trim there when shopping with MB but I never can remember the location.

        Talon

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          Try EBay - there are a couple vendors who have 'stores' there  that carry a wide variety of trims - Heritage Trading and Sumyonacouture are ones that I've dealt with .  Happy hunting!
           TheEvenStar57

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            >> Please, does anyone here know where I can buy sari borders/metallic
            jacquard trim similar to this for a costume?

            http://www.calontirtrim.com/ Calontir trims has a lot. He doesn't have
            a Sari trim option, but all the metailcs are here:
            http://www.calontirtrim.com/cgi-bin/dqryPublicAllMetallics.asp

            -Cat-
          • kringskeep@optonline.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
              Last time I was in New york City I saw several stores with the trim for sale - at outrageous prices (ie $6/yd for 1/4" silver on silver trim - the gold on silk stuff was MUCH more).

              If you were a member of SCA I would tell you to try the trim merchants in the Pennsic Merchants Book. (Unfortunately I don't have the book at hand, and can't remember who sold what) :-(

              Katheryne

              > Check with Maritabeth. There is a shop that sells saris in the
              > Dallas area. I have seen the trim there when shopping with MB
              > but I never can remember the location.
              > Talon
              >
              > --- On Wed, 4/1/09, Anna M.C. wrote:
              >
              > Please, does anyone here know where I can buy sari
              > borders/metallic
              > jacquard trim similar to this for a costume?
              > http://cdn.overstoc k.com/images/ products/ L11602866. jpg
              >
              > Thank you!
              > Anna M.C.

            • maethoriel_jasmine
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                Try Heritage Trading on ebay, I have bought some lovely trim from them. Here is the link <http://stores.ebay.com/Heritage-Trading>

                Hope that helps...

                Kelli
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                  maethoriel_jasmine wrote:
                  > Try Heritage Trading on ebay, I have bought some lovely trim from them. Here is the link <http://stores.ebay.com/Heritage-Trading>
                  >
                  > Hope that helps...

                  Heritage Trading is great! he has fabulous beaded trim (which comes
                  from India).