Wraith is Done!!!

  • jules_emt2
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
      I made it by Halloween! Took ebay black leather trench and learned how
      to make my own fx mask in silicone in 4 weeks. I will be detailing
      and breaking down how I did both on my live journal site soon,
      http://pics.livejournal.com/corsairgryl/gallery/00031zag I've also
      posted a few pics in Jules's album
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
        jules_emt2 wrote:
        > I made it by Halloween! Took ebay black leather trench and learned how
        > to make my own fx mask in silicone in 4 weeks. I will be detailing
        > and breaking down how I did both on my live journal site soon,
        > http://pics.livejournal.com/corsairgryl/gallery/00031zag I've also
        > posted a few pics in Jules's album

        Very nice! I was going to ask what you made the mask out of (knowing
        you're allergic to latex), but I see you already answered. any
        particular variety of silicone?

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
          Wonderfully wicked. Lots of cool detail.

          Nice to see in the pics you also have a victim to feed on. <G>

          -Cat-
        • Jules
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            a platinum cure silicone from Smooth-On, it is the safest I researched
            and after wearing it on my face including around my eyes no reaction to
            it( I had done a patch test 1st) it is a pain in the neck to remove the
            adhesive(Skin Tite, same company) you have to roll it off, it forms
            little balls that want to stick to everything! But I was quite pleased
            with it overall, and it came out of hair easily. They have both photo
            and video tutorials on their website, will be using it for the next
            costume that our little group is doing-Moria Orc
            --
            Jules
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
              Jules wrote:
              > a platinum cure silicone from Smooth-On, it is the safest I researched
              > and after wearing it on my face including around my eyes no reaction to
              > it( I had done a patch test 1st) it is a pain in the neck to remove the
              > adhesive(Skin Tite, same company) you have to roll it off, it forms
              > little balls that want to stick to everything! But I was quite pleased
              > with it overall, and it came out of hair easily. They have both photo
              > and video tutorials on their website, will be using it for the next
              > costume that our little group is doing-Moria Orc

              I think Skin-tite is what Tim uses for Bilbo's feet and ears. I know
              I've heard someone use it before. Sounds like you need to have a tissue
              or something to stick all the little balls to when you roll them off!