Re: [F-Costume] Costume photo gallery - Lolita

  • silvaragreenleaf
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
      Oh my gosh. I have always felt my costumes lacking, wondering why others love them so much. I was stunned to see thease as the "hot" costumes in LA.

      Silvara
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
        >>Oh my gosh. I have always felt my costumes lacking, wondering why
        others love them so much. I was stunned to see thease as the "hot"
        costumes in LA.

        It's why I decided to show that last link. As we rush towards Halloween
        to finish the costumes we've worked on for ourselves and our friends...
        we sometimes are too harsh on ourselves. Even if we don't quite get
        everything together for Halloween.... we do "costume" at a whole
        different level. And all need to remember that everyone has their own
        specialties. The trick is to always achieve more on each new costume.

        That said... I'm not really making fun (ok, not a whole lot, but maybe a
        tad guilty) BUT drawing the contrast how we go a whole step or 5 father.

        -Cat-
      • Angharad ver' Reynulf
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
          On that note Cat, can I poll the question of "So, what ARE you wearing (if you are dressing up) for Halloween this year?  (Or your kids)

          I'll even answer it:

          Son Teren (age 14):  Perfect Cell from Dragonball Z
          stepson Zane (10): Fire Mage (former costume of Teren)
          stepson Stephan (8): Turquoise/silver pirate coat (former costume of Teren)
          Ardenna (11) - neighbor:  my dryad costume as "Gaia"
          me: Satana--microsuede/spiderweb mesh slinky dress (mesh gores from knee to hem) with a black/multi challis bodice, draped separate sleeves and overskirt, white hip-long wig with spiraling black ram's horns and a black coque/peacock feather headdress + black fishnet stockings & LONG gloves.

          Yes, I even wore it to work--speakerphone is my friend!
           JonnaLyhn Wolfcat
          aka Angharad verch Reynulf, BAO, An Tir
          ._,___

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
            >>On that note Cat, can I poll the question of "So, what ARE you
            wearing (if you are dressing up) for Halloween this year? (Or your kids)

            But only if you change the HEADER!!!!!!

            Cat
            PS include links to pics if you can
          • Angharad ver' Reynulf
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
              *chuckle*

              I plead no sugar yet for not changing the subject header and throw myself on the mercy of the group.  (I have been given chocolate since to ease the lack.)

              I promise to have a picture of this costume this evening, but go here to see photo of the kids from Sunday's costume concert, with my beau and I as LOTR elves.

              http://celedraug.livejournal.com/45549.html

              If you really want to see amusing pics, then go to the gallery and look at photos.  Folks from CostumeCon and Loscon may recognize a few of them.

              JonnaLyhn Wolfcat
              aka Angharad verch Reynulf, BAO, An Tir

            • Ann Catelli
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 31, 2008
                I'm wearing my wildly exciting Ren Fair clothes--stripey shirt from Syke's Sutlery from years ago, and a pink dress, still with no sleeves, from two weeks before Pennsic, with a headscarf and apron.

                Apparently very "Little House" to a lot of people.

                Very mish-mash to me. ;)

                Ann in CT
              • Avril Novelich
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 1, 2008
                  Again I don't post very often but I wanted to show off what I constructed in a month (I always make things over a period of 3 months) but I always research several months before I start and to acquire the materials...

                  ta da! Scarlett the Strumpet:

                  http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=67964650&albumID=2425404&imageID=37300023

                  (I'm the one on the right!)

                  Hope everyone was safe and had fun!

                  Avril aka gelflinggal

                • Jules
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                    Nicely done!
                    --
                    Jules
                  • Avril Novelich
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 2, 2008
                      tank you tank you *bows* lol

                      :)

                      Avril

                    • Jules
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 3, 2008
                        ugh! what's with the pacifiers? I noticed when I went out Halloween (
                        1st time in probably 15 years?) that it was all about showing skin for
                        the youngsters, the trashier the better...
                        --
                        Jules
                      • Karyl Miller
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 3, 2008
                          Thank goodness that no one in my building dressed like that.  I personally haven't dressed up in about four years.

                          I was dressed as Raggedy Ann, and NOT ONE KID KNEW WHO I WAS!

                          One little boy said I was a puppet!

                          Imagine that, a puppet!

                          Only the adults accompanying the kids knew who Raggedy Ann was!

                          Talk about depressing.

                          Feh.  Kids today.

                          Karyl Miller

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 3, 2008
                            >> Thank goodness that no one in my building dressed like that. I
                            personally haven't dressed up in about four years.

                            Club dress in LA is rather strange anyway. Skin, sometimes electrical
                            tape. weird even when it's not Halloween.

                            >> I was dressed as Raggedy Ann, and NOT ONE KID KNEW WHO I WAS!

                            The icon's of one generation are unknown in the next.

                            Oh... and speaking of strange, but attempts at sexy costume... catch
                            some of these:
                            http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=61800&type=0

                            Well, Halloween is a time to let loose and pretend to be what you're not.

                            -Cat-
                          • Wolfcat
                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 10, 2008
                              Finally got the photo of this year's Halloween costume and have
                              scanned it in.

                              It is placed in the group's photo files in the album for Wolfcat.

                              Jonnalyhn Wolfcat

                              Currently working on a piece for Loscon