Re: [F-Costume] Elf Ears

    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
      Eddie's Trick Shop carries them online. I prefer the ear tips.

      Here are the links:
      http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YEZ064&Category_Code=

      I've used these for longer ears and just painted them with makeup paint -
      http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YW0098&Category_Code=

      These are their elven ears but they are shorter than the space ears so I don't like them as well:
      http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YW0311&Category_Code=

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Andi" <princess_hyrule@...> wrote:

        > Once again trusting in the knowledgeable minds on this board, I come
        > again asking for help.
        > I am in need of good elf ears. I have had quite a time finding
        > quality elf ears. Also, I would like to have the long pointy kind.
        > Does anyone know where these could be found?

        Many people have been happy with the quality of Ardani ears.
        <http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elfears.php> -they are in Tennessee.

        -Judy
      • bleupirate@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
          Thanks Judy...I was trying to find that site..:)?? They do have really cool ears.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
            "Space ear" tips are manufactured by Woochie, and can be found many
            places.

            Ardani's Elf ears are the same "small space ear tips" but they come
            in different colors. You will probably still need to blend them in
            with your own skin color.

            I find that adding a little blush helps them look less "flat."

            Judy, there was a German company at DC's dealer room selling latex
            makeup pieces called MetaMorph USA LLC. I think their Elf ears looked
            similar to the ones you used to get from Germany. They are whole ears.

            http://www.maskworld.com/us

            I wish they had pictures of them off without hair in the way so you
            could really see them.

            Namarie,
            Bonnie Half-Elven

            --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "rookwoods" <judymitch@...> wrote:

            > --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Andi" <princess_hyrule@> wrote:
            > >

            > > Once again trusting in the knowledgeable minds on this board, I
            come
            > > again asking for help.
            > > I am in need of good elf ears. I have had quite a time finding
            > > quality elf ears. Also, I would like to have the long pointy
            kind.
            > > Does anyone know where these could be found?
            > >

            > Many people have been happy with the quality of Ardani ears.
            > <http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elfears.php> -they are in Tennessee.
            >
            > -Judy

          • yocepha
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
              YAY! Thanks for posting this link, Bonnie -- I had given up on
              getting Hobbit ears in time for ALEP, but MetaMorph USA ships from
              Indiana, so there's hope they'll arrive in time...

              Returning to lurking, yocepha/Melilot/Jo

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
                Hi Bonnie,

                Interesting! they may very well be the Lederkram ears - I noticed one
                of their 'other' items was an ear on a chain, which I know Lederkram did
                (trophies). At least, the Wood Elf ears look like the usual ones I was
                able to get.

                huh. They do have hobbit ears (halfling ears). When I pulled up "Elves
                ears" (not moon or wood), there was an entry for Elven Cloak I wanted to
                investigate. They only show the front, but it looks similar to our
                pattern - of course it's not in the New Zealand wool (not for $100
                premade!). On that page there was an entry for Halfling ears. ah well,
                they aren't using my pic any more, but they look pretty similar.

                Looks like they may at some point have Frodo's traveling costume (it's
                listed out of stock). shirt cuffs look right, can't tell to much bout
                the rest of the outfit.

                They also have some Hobbit feet. These might be better than most of the
                (ahem) things I've seen easily available. They have a 2week wait on them
                though. The hair appears to be molded as part of the foot, rather than
                doll hair that was applied on. But these are full feet that you put on
                like a shoe- they appear to be a full unit (not a mule, or a shoe cover)
                for $50. Not a clue how well they'd last, but they look in the pic like
                a decent foot

                Thanks, Bonnie! Hey, if someone's able to bring in all of Lederkram's
                stuff (and more) and turn it into a business, it's great to have them
                available.

                -Judy

                bonmothma wrote:
                > "Space ear" tips are manufactured by Woochie, and can be found many
                > places.
                >
                > Ardani's Elf ears are the same "small space ear tips" but they come
                > in different colors. You will probably still need to blend them in
                > with your own skin color.
                >
                > I find that adding a little blush helps them look less "flat."
                >
                > Judy, there was a German company at DC's dealer room selling latex
                > makeup pieces called MetaMorph USA LLC. I think their Elf ears looked
                > similar to the ones you used to get from Germany. They are whole ears.
                >
                > http://www.maskworld.com/us
                >
                > I wish they had pictures of them off without hair in the way so you
                > could really see them.
                >
                > Namarie,
                > Bonnie Half-Elven
              • Erin
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 20, 2008
                  > Looks like they may at some point have Frodo's traveling costume (it's
                  > listed out of stock). shirt cuffs look right, can't tell to much bout
                  > the rest of the outfit.

                  If it's the one I was looking at on there, the picture is of the
                  outfit that Museum Replicas sells. Looking through the rest of the
                  costumes they have quite a few MR costumes on there.

                  Earendil