Elf Ears

  • Andi
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
      Once again trusting in the knowledgeable minds on this board, I come
      again asking for help.
      I am in need of good elf ears. I have had quite a time finding
      quality elf ears. Also, I would like to have the long pointy kind.
      Does anyone know where these could be found?
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
        Eddie's Trick Shop carries them online. I prefer the ear tips.

        Here are the links:
        http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YEZ064&Category_Code=

        I've used these for longer ears and just painted them with makeup paint -
        http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YW0098&Category_Code=

        These are their elven ears but they are shorter than the space ears so I don't like them as well:
        http://www.eddiestrickshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ETS&Product_Code=YW0311&Category_Code=

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
          --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Andi" <princess_hyrule@...> wrote:

          > Once again trusting in the knowledgeable minds on this board, I come
          > again asking for help.
          > I am in need of good elf ears. I have had quite a time finding
          > quality elf ears. Also, I would like to have the long pointy kind.
          > Does anyone know where these could be found?

          Many people have been happy with the quality of Ardani ears.
          <http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elfears.php> -they are in Tennessee.

          -Judy
        • bleupirate@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 18, 2008
            Thanks Judy...I was trying to find that site..:)?? They do have really cool ears.

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
              "Space ear" tips are manufactured by Woochie, and can be found many
              places.

              Ardani's Elf ears are the same "small space ear tips" but they come
              in different colors. You will probably still need to blend them in
              with your own skin color.

              I find that adding a little blush helps them look less "flat."

              Judy, there was a German company at DC's dealer room selling latex
              makeup pieces called MetaMorph USA LLC. I think their Elf ears looked
              similar to the ones you used to get from Germany. They are whole ears.

              http://www.maskworld.com/us

              I wish they had pictures of them off without hair in the way so you
              could really see them.

              Namarie,
              Bonnie Half-Elven

              --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "rookwoods" <judymitch@...> wrote:

              > --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Andi" <princess_hyrule@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Once again trusting in the knowledgeable minds on this board, I
              come
              > > again asking for help.
              > > I am in need of good elf ears. I have had quite a time finding
              > > quality elf ears. Also, I would like to have the long pointy
              kind.
              > > Does anyone know where these could be found?
              > >

              > Many people have been happy with the quality of Ardani ears.
              > <http://www.aradanicostumes.com/elfears.php> -they are in Tennessee.
              >
              > -Judy

            • yocepha
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
                YAY! Thanks for posting this link, Bonnie -- I had given up on
                getting Hobbit ears in time for ALEP, but MetaMorph USA ships from
                Indiana, so there's hope they'll arrive in time...

                Returning to lurking, yocepha/Melilot/Jo

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 19, 2008
                  Hi Bonnie,

                  Interesting! they may very well be the Lederkram ears - I noticed one
                  of their 'other' items was an ear on a chain, which I know Lederkram did
                  (trophies). At least, the Wood Elf ears look like the usual ones I was
                  able to get.

                  huh. They do have hobbit ears (halfling ears). When I pulled up "Elves
                  ears" (not moon or wood), there was an entry for Elven Cloak I wanted to
                  investigate. They only show the front, but it looks similar to our
                  pattern - of course it's not in the New Zealand wool (not for $100
                  premade!). On that page there was an entry for Halfling ears. ah well,
                  they aren't using my pic any more, but they look pretty similar.

                  Looks like they may at some point have Frodo's traveling costume (it's
                  listed out of stock). shirt cuffs look right, can't tell to much bout
                  the rest of the outfit.

                  They also have some Hobbit feet. These might be better than most of the
                  (ahem) things I've seen easily available. They have a 2week wait on them
                  though. The hair appears to be molded as part of the foot, rather than
                  doll hair that was applied on. But these are full feet that you put on
                  like a shoe- they appear to be a full unit (not a mule, or a shoe cover)
                  for $50. Not a clue how well they'd last, but they look in the pic like
                  a decent foot

                  Thanks, Bonnie! Hey, if someone's able to bring in all of Lederkram's
                  stuff (and more) and turn it into a business, it's great to have them
                  available.

                  -Judy

                  bonmothma wrote:
                  > "Space ear" tips are manufactured by Woochie, and can be found many
                  > places.
                  >
                  > Ardani's Elf ears are the same "small space ear tips" but they come
                  > in different colors. You will probably still need to blend them in
                  > with your own skin color.
                  >
                  > I find that adding a little blush helps them look less "flat."
                  >
                  > Judy, there was a German company at DC's dealer room selling latex
                  > makeup pieces called MetaMorph USA LLC. I think their Elf ears looked
                  > similar to the ones you used to get from Germany. They are whole ears.
                  >
                  > http://www.maskworld.com/us
                  >
                  > I wish they had pictures of them off without hair in the way so you
                  > could really see them.
                  >
                  > Namarie,
                  > Bonnie Half-Elven
                • Erin
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 20, 2008
                    > Looks like they may at some point have Frodo's traveling costume (it's
                    > listed out of stock). shirt cuffs look right, can't tell to much bout
                    > the rest of the outfit.

                    If it's the one I was looking at on there, the picture is of the
                    outfit that Museum Replicas sells. Looking through the rest of the
                    costumes they have quite a few MR costumes on there.

                    Earendil