Help needed: Creating movie accurate (Harry Potter related) costumes

  • tk2262
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hi Guys,

      This is actually my first proper post here so please.... be gentle
      with me! lol

      Myself and a friend are planning to put together a couple of Death
      Eater outfits but we need to make them "movie accurate" (so not just
      fancy dress / cosplay). It's because we're actually part of a
      costuming club and one of the things which the club prides itself on
      is being as movie accurate as possible (which is
      providing "interesting" in this case to say the least - still, I
      love a challange! lol)

      We've been surfing the web for a while now to get as much info and
      many reference pics as possible but seem to have got about all we
      can (which sadly isn't enough) .... so we could really do with a
      helping hand.

      There are a couple of costumes we're aiming for, but primarily we
      want to do:
      a) Lucius Malfoy's Death Eater outfit from Order of the Phoenix
      (specifically, from the Battle for the Prophecy scene)
      b) Another (male) Death Eater (from the same scene) - I love
      Bellatrix's mask but sadly because of the need to stay "movie
      accurate" I can't use it
      c) Voldemort (again, from the same film)

      Does anyone have either:
      a) some really good reference pics (behind the scenes pics would
      also be cool as we're struggling to find any pics showing the boots,
      Lucius' ring (which is different to his "Formal wear" ring, or the
      pattern on the arm of his battle outfit.

      b) *any* information about *any* parts of the costume? what fabrics
      were used, any pattern info, what kind of boots were used, etc -
      anything would be really helpful but again, it needs to be as "movie
      accurate" as possible. If you coud cite your source that might also
      be really helpful - for example, I recently saw in an interview with
      Jason Isaacs & Ralph Fiennes that for Voldemort's robe they use over
      50m of Silk (shame they didn't mention which colour number and
      supplier! lol)

      c) information about useful links where we might be able to get
      custom stuff made if necessary.

      Thanks all
      Kieran