Hellboy II - more pics

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2008
      Maggie has gotten more Hellboy pics listed:
      http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Hellboy2/

      There are pub pictures of the blue dresses as well as the finale
      outfit. Looking at the details I'm really starting to like the
      costumer. Using dye techniques, sari trim mixed with more expensive
      trims and overbeading to blend the two. Also choosing to have one cool
      really textured piece as a center point on each. Color AND texture, yum.

      The sub albums have shots from the Arclight mini-exhibit. I was trying
      out a borrowed camera. Not all the shots I'd wish and made discoveries
      that were frustrating on the camera... however a few of the shots are
      pretty high rez, you just have to dig. It's a tough shoot there,
      strong backlight, reflective glass that mean you need to shoot
      sans-flash to get the details. However, you should be able to see the
      yummy fabric textures once you sort out the glass reflections from the
      true pattern.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2008
        This is SO AWESOME Cat! Thanks!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 23, 2008
          I want to point out something cool and interesting on one of these
          photos (well, more than one, but--), here:

          http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Hellboy2/?action=view¤t=07.jpg

          photo 07.jpg shows the prince (of the Fae, or Elves, or whoever), but
          is it me, or do the shoulder pauldrons he wears over his tunic, robe,
          what-have-you resemble Second Age Elven armour from LOTR? Not
          extactly, but close enough to make you think, "wait a minnit, haven't
          I seen that before?"

          Does this imply that Ngila Dickson's & Richard Taylor's garb & armour
          designs are influencing designers on other (film) productions, or is
          it a matter of 'form follows function'?

          ...still waiting on the wizards...
          Miranduviel

          In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Cat Devereaux wrote:
          >Maggie has gotten more Hellboy pics listed:
          > http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i31/costumersguide/Hellboy2/
        • janeravenswood
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
            I'd say form follows function. Only so many ways to armor the human
            body, just like there are only so many ways to make something to
            penetrate said human body :)

            Haven't had a chance to see the movie yet but I suspect my husband
            will be lusting after that black and red costume.