Re: [F-Costume] Firefly/Serenity Costumes

    Message 1 of 7 , May 13, 2008
      Here's a place to start...
      http://browncoats.com/gallery/Photos-from-Serenity

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Kent <superkentman@...>
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:47:49 PM
      Subject: [F-Costume] Firefly/Serenity Costumes

      Hi. I have an immediate need for reference photos for two costumes from
      Serenity: Zoe and the Operative. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Kent

    • Mia
      Message 2 of 7 , May 14, 2008
        Sorry, I'm a day late...

        I have a Firefly/Serenity costume reference website. It's still in
        it's baby stage, but I have a couple reference photos up of Zoe and
        the Operative in Serenity.

        Zoe:
        http://serenifly.tripod.com/serenityzoe.html

        Operative:
        http://serenifly.tripod.com/operative.html

        Hope it gives you a place to start.

        Mia

        Message 3 of 7 , May 14, 2008
          >> I have a Firefly/Serenity costume reference website. It's still in
          it's baby stage, but ... <http://serenifly.tripod.com/operative.html>
          Hope it gives you a place to start.

          Mia, cool start. (For everyone... the start page to her site is
          http://serenifly.tripod.com/index.html )

          I've added the link to ACS's Movie Costume Link pages.

          Hey folks! If you have any movie costume study site I've missed
          listing, let me know and I'll add it.
          http://alleycatscratch.com/movie/Costume_Links.htm .... or just go to
          Movie Costumes and click resources.

          In the future, we hope to actually have a lot of the studies hosted on
          ACS. Phase one we're going to integrate with the photo software
          Gallery 2 and it will allow studies to start. Then the software will
          lay down on top of it for complete control and menus. (OK, so it's
          moving at the speed of a Turtle... but peddling as fast as life allows
          right now.)

          -Cat-
        • Kent
          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2008
            --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Mia" <miaviolyns@...> wrote:

            > Sorry, I'm a day late...
            >
            > I have a Firefly/Serenity costume reference website....
            > Hope it gives you a place to start.
            >
            > Mia

            Mia,

            BULLS EYE! thank you so much. This makes my life so much simpler.

            Kent
          • Mia
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2008
              Aww, thanks Kent. This kind of enthusiasm helps me to keep going on
              it! (it's hard when real life gets in the way...stupid real life.)

              I'll keep going, I promise! (but, just after I get moved into my new
              digs this month...)

              And thanks for the linkage, Cat. I'll try to keep my links page
              updated as well.

              Mia

              --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Kent" <superkentman@...> wrote:

              > --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "Mia" <miaviolyns@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Sorry, I'm a day late...
              > >
              > > I have a Firefly/Serenity costume reference website....
              > > Hope it gives you a place to start.
              > >
              > > Mia
              > >
              > Mia,
              >
              > BULLS EYE! thank you so much. This makes my life so much simpler.
              >
              > Kent

            • Angharad ver' Reynulf
              Message 6 of 7 , May 15, 2008
                Posting this was timely for me as well, as I'm being coaxed to make Inara's gown in JaynesTown for a shindig next month.
                Definitely fits with my request for different silhouettes for me to try.  :)
                JonnaLyhn Wolfcat
                aka Angharad verch Reynulf, BAO, An Tir