Fwd: Regency costumes

  • Nebula5@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hoping someone here can assist this young lady. I'm not on h-costume, so if
      someone can forward there as well she might get an answer.

      Thanks,

      --Julie ZS

      In a message dated 3/2/2008 6:42:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
      jika_songe@... writes:

      Hello,

      My name is Jeanne, and I am a senior high school student at Seoul Foreign
      School in South Korea. I am enrolled in a theatre arts class, and we are
      curently working on a project called the research commission, in which we have to
      write a report on a specific area of theatre in detail, in my case, costumes.
      I wanted to write about Regency Era costumes, and found your website very
      helpful. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me by answering a few
      questions ? I would like to write specifically about Regency hats, the capote,
      and would need to know things like how expansive is the fabric (if it's in
      straw, for example), what to do to create the general shape, what type of
      laces you would use for decoration... If you could give me some information,
      point out a book that I could refer to, or direct me to someone else who could
      help me, I would be very grateful. Thank you !
      Jeanne

      2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)

    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
        There are a bunch of regency costume sites, I used to visit them when
        I had work for clients in that era.
        Regency Fashion Page
        http://locutus.ucr.edu/~cathy/reg3.html
        Sense & Sensibility
        http://www.sensibility.com/mainpage.htm
        Jessamyn's Regency Costume Companion (hats & bonnets page)
        http://www.songsmyth.com/hatsandbonnets.html
        One can find many links to other sites, this is just a start.

        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Nebula5@... wrote:

        > Hoping someone here can assist this young lady. I'm not on
        h-costume, so if
        > someone can forward there as well she might get an answer.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > --Julie ZS
        >
        > In a message dated 3/2/2008 6:42:52 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
        > jika_songe@... writes:
        >
        > Hello,
        >
        > My name is Jeanne, and I am a senior high school student at Seoul
        Foreign
        > School in South Korea. I am enrolled in a theatre arts class, and
        we are
        > curently working on a project called the research commission, in
        which we have to
        > write a report on a specific area of theatre in detail, in my case,
        costumes.
        > I wanted to write about Regency Era costumes, and found your
        website very
        > helpful. I was wondering if you would be willing to help me by
        answering a few
        > questions ? I would like to write specifically about Regency hats,
        the capote,
        > and would need to know things like how expansive is the fabric (if
        it's in
        > straw, for example), what to do to create the general shape, what
        type of
        > laces you would use for decoration... If you could give me some
        information,
        > point out a book that I could refer to, or direct me to someone
        else who could
        > help me, I would be very grateful. Thank you !
        > Jeanne
        >

        > **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL
        Living.