Re: [F-Costume] Re: semi-OT: colouring fruit

  • Naresha
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2008
      I actually explained why Photoshop wasn't the preferred option in another reply. :-)

      Ann Durham <adurham@...> wrote: Uh . . . . can you just take the picture with an ordinary apple and then
      Photoshop the apple color????

      Ann, being overly simplistic in Florida

      Recent Activity

      6
      New Members

      Visit Your Group
      Only on Yahoo!
      Star Wars galaxy
      Create a profile
      and meet fans.

      Y! Groups blog
      the best source
      for the latest
      scoop on Groups.

      Moderator Central
      Yahoo! Groups
      Join and receive
      produce updates.

      .

    • Naresha
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 12, 2008
        Shall do! Haven't had any time to test yet 'cause I've been working extra hours, but I've got the day off on Friday, so I should be able to go hunt down some food colouring then! :)

        Andrea Schewe <aschewe@...> wrote: Oh Please let us know how this all turns out! What fruit coloring methods work best.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 12, 2008
          I liked the one suggestion about the wax (sorry, I can't remember who
          suggested). I've played with it before and with colouring it. Some
          type of wax mixed with dye would probably work on the apple, especially
          a dark red one. It's somewhat edible, and while it can soften, it
          won't be as sticky as chocolate. It would also have less a chance of
          cracking than some other methods. And eating a little wax doesn't kill
          (trust me, i know...)
          ^-^
          Jessica
        • Jessica Frantal
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 12, 2008
            lol...I was wondering if anyone had seen my suggestion. Must be a
            Jessica thing... ;)

            Jessica

            On Feb 12, 2008, at 10:05 PM, Jessica wrote:

            > I liked the one suggestion about the wax (sorry, I can't remember who
            > suggested). I've played with it before and with colouring it. Some
            > type of wax mixed with dye would probably work on the apple,
            > especially
            > a dark red one. It's somewhat edible, and while it can soften, it
            > won't be as sticky as chocolate. It would also have less a chance of
            > cracking than some other methods. And eating a little wax doesn't kill
            > (trust me, i know...)
            > ^-^
            > Jessica

          • Naresha
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 13, 2008
              I read all the posts that are made in reply to questions I ask even if I don't reply to them all. :)

              Jessica Frantal <sixpence@...> wrote: lol...I was wondering if anyone had seen my suggestion. Must be a