Re: [F-Costume] Intro and Question

  • Andrew T Trembley
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
      On Feb 11, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Paul wrote:
      > What are some good hobby/low entry machines? I've looked at Amazona nd
      > Overstock, but the review on some of these machines makes me very
      > hesitant.

      Buy a good used machine from a reputable dealer with a good repair
      tech who does a lot of trade-in business.

      Here are my articles on the subject
      buying a machine: <http://tinyurl.com/yrnrlo>
      buzzwords/glossary: <http://tinyurl.com/yvueb4>

      andy
    • Sarah
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 12, 2008
        That's a great guide! I'm going to save that link to give my friends
        when they ask me what to get. I have three Viking domestics now, and
        an old Viking industrial, which I love, but none of them was exactly
        cheap. (worth it for the amount of sewing I do) Reconditioned older
        machines are an excellent choice with the backup of a good technician.

        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Andrew T Trembley <attrembl@...> wrote:

        > On Feb 11, 2008, at 4:39 PM, Paul wrote:
        > > What are some good hobby/low entry machines? I've looked at Amazona nd
        > > Overstock, but the review on some of these machines makes me very
        > > hesitant.
        >
        > Buy a good used machine from a reputable dealer with a good repair
        > tech who does a lot of trade-in business.
        >
        > Here are my articles on the subject
        > buying a machine: <http://tinyurl.com/yrnrlo>
        > buzzwords/glossary: <http://tinyurl.com/yvueb4>
        >
        > andy

      • Cinema-Fantasy
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 13, 2008
          I'm going to add links to your pages on my "buying a serger" page!
          awesome! Thanks for sharing these..

          > Here are my articles on the subject
          > buying a machine: <http://tinyurl.com/yrnrlo>
          > buzzwords/glossary: <http://tinyurl.com/yvueb4>
          >
          > andy

          Cinema-Fantasy
          http://www.elvenhippiegypsy.com/cinema-fantasy.html
          Limited Edition Historical, Film and Fantasy Costumes for Dolls or
          Display
        • Andrew Trembley
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 13, 2008
            Cinema-Fantasy wrote:
            > I'm going to add links to your pages on my "buying a serger" page!
            > awesome! Thanks for sharing these..

            I've also got a serger shopper's guide...
            <http://tinyurl.com/3dgdfc>

            andy*
            *

          • Cinema-Fantasy
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 13, 2008
              > I've also got a serger shopper's guide...
              > <http://tinyurl.com/3dgdfc>
              >
              > andy*
              > *
              FAB! thanks, I'll add this too. These questions seem to hit ALL of us
              at one point or another.

              Cinema-Fantasy
            • Andrew T Trembley
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 13, 2008
                On Feb 13, 2008, at 12:28 PM, Cinema-Fantasy wrote:
                >> I've also got a serger shopper's guide...
                >> <http://tinyurl.com/3dgdfc>
                >>
                >> andy*
                >> *
                > FAB! thanks, I'll add this too. These questions seem to hit ALL of us
                > at one point or another.

                They're hitting me on another list today.

                andy