Re: [F-Costume] Re: Faking a brigandine

  • Jules
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2008
      no, it's leather but it would be easy enough to fake metal with paint,
      and fun foam as well with some sort of backing to give it more weight,
      and using the metal brads to attach it
      --
      Jules
    • Brian Jeffrey
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2008
        You might want to consider using FOSSHAPE, the felt like fabric that you heat activate with a costume steamer and or steam iron which will provide some added stiffness for that brigandine. Expect you could utilize the FOSSHAPE for a backing/support or perhaps maybe even the entire brigandine should....you want to dye it or paint etc. Do a google search for Fosshape for more info or email me off line and I'll send you FAQ info and some free sample swatches to play and experiment with.
        Thermoman