group Home photo

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2005
      The photo currently shown on the group's home page is very special. This
      was Bobby Gear in her Peacock Lady outfit (yes, the fan tail at the back
      did rise up and spread out). Bobby was an incredible lady with a great
      zest for life - which was sadly cut short by cancer just after her 63rd
      birthday.

      She was a founding member of the Greater Columbia Fantasy Costumers
      Guild (GCFCG) and of the International Costumers Guild (ICG), and worked
      tirelessly to promote costuming whether by supervising costuming tracks
      at conventions, running masquerades, green rooms, or "simply" by
      encouraging new costumers to get to it. She, herself won various Costume
      awards from 1984 through 1991 at Regional, CostumeCon and WorldCon
      levels. Garnering a total of 17 presentation awards and a bunch of
      workmanship awards. This was one of her early ones.

      We thought it embodied the concepts of Fantasy costuming, and so as a
      tribute to a woman who will be so missed, we asked Marty to let us use
      it on the group's home page.