Re: Faking Iron..

  • freerangecelt
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 6, 2007
      Hi again,

      Well, last evening I played around with the paints and all, and the
      result is up in our folder Dubh's photos. Our digital camera is broken
      so we had to use the webcam to take the pic, but the leather foam
      turned out great! I put down a base coat of paint and then sealed it
      with some watered down Elmer's woodglue, then I used some acrylics I
      had. Something that really helped with the weathered color was using
      some DecoArt transparent wash and transparent blending color. We had
      purchased them some time ago for another project, and they worked
      great here. Then I remembered two products I used last year when I
      antiqued a sword scabbard. DecoArt Weathered Wood crackling medium
      goes on wet and when it dries cracks, giving the impression of old
      wood. Delta Ceramcoat Instant Age Varnish gives the impression of old
      varnish. I combined the two and coated the foam, and when it dried it
      looked great. I did add some copper highlights to the symbol and runes
      to see how it would take, and it did great as well. As soon as we get
      a new camera, and I start on the actual panels we will do a step by step.

      Free
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 6, 2007
        That is amazing looking foam leather!! Great job!

        Sheree

        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, "freerangecelt" <freerangecelt@...>

      • swimarcher@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 6, 2007
          Did I miss the post with the pictures?

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 6, 2007
            >>Did I miss the post with the pictures?

            Nope, we don't allow attachments. He posted them in the yahoo gallery.
            Look to the right on this post.... there should be a "new pictures" link to
            the side. It's the last picture.

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 7, 2007
              Cat Devereaux wrote:
              >>>Did I miss the post with the pictures?
              >

              > Nope, we don't allow attachments. He posted them in the yahoo gallery.
              > Look to the right on this post.... there should be a "new pictures" link to
              > the side. It's the last picture.

              well... it is if you're reading in the yahoo website. If you're reading
              this post in your email, it likely won't have the sidebar on the left
              <G> <ducking>

              -Judy
            • rookwoods
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 7, 2007
                VEry Very cool!!
                -Judy

                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 7, 2007
                  >>well... it is if you're reading in the yahoo website. If you're reading
                  this post in your email, it likely won't have the sidebar on the left
                  <G> <ducking>

                  My other left!!!!!

                  On the e-mail if you're using the new format, they have a "recent activity"
                  on the RIGHT