Re: [F-Costume] Re: Prince Charlie Jacket....

    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 15 6:37 AM
      Daibhi wrote:
      > SUCCESS! I'll put up some pics very soon. I just have to get the silver
      > buttons, however, I scored on a FOLKWEAR Pattern #152 Scottish Kilts. It
      > has the jacket, vest, and kilt patterns in the traditional format versus
      > the Simplicity version!! So using the tail piece pattern I modified the
      > tails and trimmed and hemmed the excess around the waist. It also has
      > the pattern pieces for the cuffs and backs of the tails where the
      > buttons are placed on tabs. This particular tailcoat yielded quite a bit
      > of extra fabric after the modification for these parts so I'll be
      > working on them this evening and then I'll just need to get some buttons
      > ordered. So, who's yer fav'rite vendor for speciality buttons? :^) Yes,
      > I'm doing a major happy dance, well happy jig!!!!!

      Congrats, Daibhi! quite a score. Yep, those tails can give you a lot to
      work with.

      For button companies.. since buttonmarket.com has screwed up their site
      and don't seem to be interested in fixing it.... I have found
      <http://www.buttondrawer.com/Catalog.asp> who seem to have quite a lot
      of the jhb buttons - they have things my store doesn't carry! Now, I
      haven't ordered from them yet, but they seem better organized.