Re: V for Vendatta tunic - what pattern?

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 27, 2007
      I don't know what the Vendetta costumes looked like. Simplicity still
      carries their men's Matrix coat, but seems to have let the women's go.
      Butterick only has a kids' version.

      > I'm trying to find the
      > Matrix costume pattern that was either McCalls or Butterick, just to
      have a
      > closer look at it to see if that would do....any help is appreciated
      thanks!
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
        Simplicity still carries the men's Matrix coat - it's #5386.

        By tunic do you mean the tunic that V wears? Evey is in a tunicy thing
        during her interigation.

        There are some great shots during the movie of V without his cloak but
        alas I don't have a copy to pull any screen caps for you. If memory
        serves me correctly I think he is actually wearing a vest but I could
        be wrong.

        A really close looking pattern is the McCalls #4745 - men's civil war
        uniform - look at the one without the v shaped buttons. Made in black
        that would give you the correct line for V.

        If you don't want to make the coat there are some relativly decent
        ready-made V costumes out there (including mask) just google v for
        vendetta costume.

        Hope that helped.

        Sheree