Re: [F-Costume] Confused

    Message 1 of 5 , May 20, 2007
      wheresra wrote:
      > Okay, I'm having trouble ID-ing a part of Sephiroth's costume. I've
      > uploaded an image and squared the part in question (It's under
      > "EJKender's Things). Can someone NICELY tell me what it is and what
      > is its purpose? (Other than keeping his pants up. XD)

      hmmm, is that the only pic you've got of it? To me, at least from that,
      it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
      expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some sort
      of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.

      BTW, it's not a huge pic: yahoo learned that most people didn't know
      how to resize their pics and all the groups were running out of space
      because of that, so the photo album automatically strips it into a
      smaller shot: what's in there is only 23k <G>

      -Judy
    • the_only_delectable_pin
      Message 2 of 5 , May 20, 2007
        I've watched the film; I believe that is a bit of body armour as
        well - protecting the solar plexus. I bet it is a circular or oval
        piece that may extend below the pantsline, but only to protect the
        stomach area under the ribs.

        I've seen something somewhat similar in greek and roman armour. You
        could research that, see if it is comparable.

        --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...>
        wrote:

        > wheresra wrote:
        > > Okay, I'm having trouble ID-ing a part of Sephiroth's costume.
        I've
        > > uploaded an image and squared the part in question (It's under
        > > "EJKender's Things). Can someone NICELY tell me what it is and
        what
        > > is its purpose? (Other than keeping his pants up. XD)
        >

        > hmmm, is that the only pic you've got of it? To me, at least
        from that,
        > it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
        > expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some
        sort
        > of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.
        >
        > BTW, it's not a huge pic: yahoo learned that most people
        didn't know
        > how to resize their pics and all the groups were running out of
        space
        > because of that, so the photo album automatically strips it into a
        > smaller shot: what's in there is only 23k <G>
        >

        > -Judy

      • wheresra
        Message 3 of 5 , May 20, 2007
          Wait I have another(D'OH! XP). Just loaded it.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 20, 2007
            > it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
            > expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some sort
            > of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.

            Honestly... it looks like they decided that something needed to be there to
            balance out the fantasy armor on his shoulders and not show his belly
            button... so they went to the gardening department of a Home Depot and paid
            $1.98 for plastic tray (the kind you put a potted plant in so it doesn't
            drip.) -- Seriously. It's round and good texture.

            This isn't real armor or even meant to be... else the chest, by the heart
            would be protected.