Confused

  • wheresra
    Message 1 of 5 , May 20 2:05 PM
      Okay, I'm having trouble ID-ing a part of Sephiroth's costume. I've
      uploaded an image and squared the part in question (It's under
      "EJKender's Things). Can someone NICELY tell me what it is and what
      is its purpose? (Other than keeping his pants up. XD)
      Message 2 of 5 , May 20 6:03 PM
        wheresra wrote:
        > Okay, I'm having trouble ID-ing a part of Sephiroth's costume. I've
        > uploaded an image and squared the part in question (It's under
        > "EJKender's Things). Can someone NICELY tell me what it is and what
        > is its purpose? (Other than keeping his pants up. XD)

        hmmm, is that the only pic you've got of it? To me, at least from that,
        it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
        expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some sort
        of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.

        BTW, it's not a huge pic: yahoo learned that most people didn't know
        how to resize their pics and all the groups were running out of space
        because of that, so the photo album automatically strips it into a
        smaller shot: what's in there is only 23k <G>

        -Judy
      • the_only_delectable_pin
        Message 3 of 5 , May 20 7:11 PM
          I've watched the film; I believe that is a bit of body armour as
          well - protecting the solar plexus. I bet it is a circular or oval
          piece that may extend below the pantsline, but only to protect the
          stomach area under the ribs.

          I've seen something somewhat similar in greek and roman armour. You
          could research that, see if it is comparable.

          --- In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, Judy Mitchell <judymitch@...>
          wrote:

          > wheresra wrote:
          > > Okay, I'm having trouble ID-ing a part of Sephiroth's costume.
          I've
          > > uploaded an image and squared the part in question (It's under
          > > "EJKender's Things). Can someone NICELY tell me what it is and
          what
          > > is its purpose? (Other than keeping his pants up. XD)
          >

          > hmmm, is that the only pic you've got of it? To me, at least
          from that,
          > it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
          > expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some
          sort
          > of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.
          >
          > BTW, it's not a huge pic: yahoo learned that most people
          didn't know
          > how to resize their pics and all the groups were running out of
          space
          > because of that, so the photo album automatically strips it into a
          > smaller shot: what's in there is only 23k <G>
          >

          > -Judy

        • wheresra
          Message 4 of 5 , May 20 7:22 PM
            Wait I have another(D'OH! XP). Just loaded it.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 20 9:07 PM
              > it doesn't look like it has anything to do with his pants (I was
              > expecting a cod-piece!).. looks more like fantasy 'armor' for some sort
              > of belly plate protecting a vulnerable stomach area.

              Honestly... it looks like they decided that something needed to be there to
              balance out the fantasy armor on his shoulders and not show his belly
              button... so they went to the gardening department of a Home Depot and paid
              $1.98 for plastic tray (the kind you put a potted plant in so it doesn't
              drip.) -- Seriously. It's round and good texture.

              This isn't real armor or even meant to be... else the chest, by the heart
              would be protected.