Re: dressing up for french class circa 1759

  • i_am_gimli
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2007
      Wow thanks you guys,

      I went out to a thrift shop and found an outfit, it turned out a lot
      better than I expected.

      The final product will be something like this.
      -A cream pirate/poet shirt, with lace cuffs that I aged a little.
      -A deep puple waistcoat with a gold print ooo not sure of the name,
      kind of like eowyns funeral garb on a much smaller scale. Not sure
      about the fiber content something man-made. It also has a velvet collar.
      -Some navy knee-length shorts that have the front flap button thing,
      which i happened to own.
      -And accesories: the obligatory white stockings and black pointy men's
      shoes, black velvet ribbon in the hair, silvery gray ascot, and I wish
      I could have found a tricorn hat but alas no luck.

      Thank you so much Judy and Cat I will post pictures if there are any :)

      Maliana