kabuki costume

  • bulmagurl14
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 21, 2007
      i had posted about the assignment i was working on awhile back...and
      i decided to post again because now i am looking for more than
      information now that i have researched everything i need to know.. if
      anyone can help i would appreciate it

      i am a student at cajon high school. i'm currently working on a
      project for the international baccheloriate program. The assignment
      is to pick an aspect in theater and give advice to a person asking
      for help. The topic i choose was kabuki and the field i choose was
      costuming. The play i am going to do is love suicides at sonezaki, in
      which i have to research as much in detail on how to create costumes
      for this play and how i will make the costumes work and how they will
      be worn. Also, creating the costumes to the convenience of the person
      asking for help. Such as what is the best material to be used, the
      cost, the wearing of it, how to adapt them to the character, and with
      all the information i obtain, i write a letter back to the person
      asking for help[imaginary person] on advice on how to create the
      costumes in the best way. if there is anyone you can refer to me or
      if you know of any information that can assist me, i would deeply
      appreciate it. I am also trying to find someone i can interview or
      have a phone interview with, i have already progressed in going to
      las angeles to go to the Nihon Nuyo research center, where maybe they
      will show me how to wear costumes. what i'm aiming for is someone who
      might have had experience with the play i choose. i hope to hear from
      you
      karrina martinez
    • angela pesons
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2007
        LOL. this is funny. This is Angela Pesons from your Spanish class and Math class!! haha . I'm a member of this group too but I can't find any help.

        bulmagurl14 <bulmagurl14@...> wrote: i had posted about the assignment i was working on awhile back...
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2007
          >> . I'm a member of this group too but I can't find any help.

          Ya know... on big projects, groups like this can just point you in the right
          direction... like the earlier books that were listed. On the other hand, no
          one is going to write a whole ton of info when the general info exists
          elsewhere.

          The rest has to be broken out into specific questions if you're stuck on
          something.... we can problem solve on a given issue a lot of the time even
          if it's pretty off topic. There's a lot of brain power here as a group.
          However, too general a question, you don't get much.

          On the other hand looking here for a specific expert or someone who has done
          exactly that thing... may not happen. That's hit or miss when it's not a
          common topic.

          School projects are still a lot of shoe leather to the library. Other
          stuff, is best broken up just like we do a costume. De-construct it by
          layer/topic. Note what you know and where the questions are. Then you know
          what individual pieces you need to research, what you do know, and WHEN you
          need to send up flares.... and even maybe WHERE.

          Hope that makes a bit more sense.