Re: OT: Choli patterns??

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
      I was going to suggest the tee shirt option too since time is so
      short. If you don't have a shirt the right color and close fit and
      scoopy neck in your closet, nip over to your favorite department store
      and pick one up. You can snug up the side/underarm a bit, but I
      wouldn't try it with a normal loose and shapeless tee unless you
      wanted to do a major makeover, and that's not so fast.
      I have made the Folkwear choli and it's nice. However if you don't
      already own the pattern, it's not a fast route! you could try the
      Simplicity one, it's one of Andrea Schewe's so it's likely to be good.
      Plus she's a member of this list in case you have questions during
      construction.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
        >>I was going to suggest the tee shirt option too since time is so
        short

        Buy it a size or so smaller so it's got a tighter fit. Just make sure the
        arms aren't too binding. Check out the teen department... those are going
        to be a bit tighter, brighter colored and shorter all by themselves. Also,
        you'll have more choices of necklines there.

      • Naresha
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 6, 2007
          Just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone on the list for the help with finding choli pattern!

          Apparently my lovely Mummy has a sizeable hidden stash of patterns that I didn't know about and she dug one out of there to waggle in my face early this morning! *yawns*

          I've book marked the ones that were sent to me and I think I'll invest in the Simplicity one at some stage anyway - I developed a bit of a fascination with the stuff yesterday and I have a nasty tendency to pick things in unusual colours after leaving them to the very last minute! :P

          Resha

          ~One forgives for as long as one loves.~

          AIM: Naresha21 MSN: candyman_gypsy@... Yahoo: fruitcake5m1
          Personal LJ: http://nareshaninya.livejournal.com Writing LJ: http://writingsofresha.livejourna.com
          My Website! http://theinnermuse.freespaces.com
          http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Resha