Re: Dyeing chiffon

  • Mentor, Nelly A
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2006
      The same happens to me. I discovered that ironing organza while wet
      helps it regain its former texture, so I tried that on wet chiffon.
      It's not 100% like it was prior to washing/dyeing but it did help the
      fabric regain most of its transparency and light feel. I never tried
      washing it cold water though. I like to 'beat' up my fabric prior to
      cutting so I know if I wash the garment it won't shrink further.

      Nelly