Welcome to our new home

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 26, 2005
      Welcome all.

      We have moved to F-Costume mailing list to a new home here in the yahoo
      groups. We hope to revive this list by the addition of a message archive
      and a place to post pictures.

      F-costume will be a place to discuss Fantasy and Science Fiction costuming
      in all its variations. This will include everything from original designs
      to book and movie recreations.

      We welcome all questions about making and designing costumes. Do not be
      afraid to ask question. And understand there are multiple answers to
      questions depending on your goals and resources. Different folks know
      different information and techniques. We are stronger in knowledge as a
      community.... and we're really going to make some wonderful outfits in the
      process.

      Also we are going to work hard to archive the information into a more
      coherent form so it's easier to look up in long term use. This will be a
      multi step process. The good news is that we have some of the info up there
      already at Alley Cat Scratch. We are going to combine what we have from our
      sister group, LOTR Costume, with what's in our "Making 'Em" section
      (http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/MakeingEm.htm ) and try to build a
      library of tips and detail. (This will take a little while.. but we will at
      least get started.)

      To build this knowledge base we are going to use tips and articles posted in
      this yahoo group. All writing will remain the authors' properties. If you
      do not wish you tips posted, please notify the group moderators.

      Again, welcome.

    • harper_1_2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
        I am very happy to see this new Yahoo group. I am a member of the LOTR costume list, as
        well as a couple for Pirates of the Caribbean. With the Narnia movie coming out, and
        renewed interest in Star Wars, there seems to be an increase in fantasy costume interests.

        Denise
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 28, 2005
          harper_1_2000 wrote:
          > I am very happy to see this new Yahoo group. I am a member of the LOTR costume list, as
          > well as a couple for Pirates of the Caribbean. With the Narnia movie coming out, and
          > renewed interest in Star Wars, there seems to be an increase in fantasy costume interests.

          Hi Denise,
          Well, you already know Cat & me! We thought this would be a great way
          to discuss the costuming challenges for all the other movies as well as
          fantasy costuming in general - without having to use the LotR-costume
          list. ;-)

          Have you been to the 'Wardrobe' on the narnia list? They're trying to
          do an analsys on the costumes, such as Disney has let out.

          -Judy
        • Dawn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
            -

            > Have you been to the 'Wardrobe' on the narnia list? They're trying to
            > do an analsys on the costumes, such as Disney has let out.
            >
            > -Judy

            Do you have a website for that? I've been thinking about a Narnia
            costume for the premiere.

            Thanks,

            Dawn
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
              >>Do you have a website for that? I've been thinking about a Narnia
              costume for the premiere.

              http://costumes.narniaweb.com/

              Bookmark
              http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/CommunityLinks.htm#Launch_points . I
              try to keep the other main costuming movie groups listed. (How do you think
              I can find anything... I've got to put them somewhere.)

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 29, 2005
                Dawn wrote:
                > Do you have a website for that? I've been thinking about a Narnia
                > costume for the premiere.

                Here ya go <http://costumes.narniaweb.com/> they don't have a lot, but
                they're doing their best to work with the few bits from the trailer.
                Dunno why Disney is being so tight about this, you'd think previous
                movies and fan reaction would show that it's a good thing!