Wings links

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2005
      As Halloween approaches, we're going to share fun links from time to time
      that will give you tips and ideas for costuming...

      I just stumbled across a great site for how to make wings... all kinds of
      wings. http://www.fursuit.org/faq/17wings.htm . Not all links are still
      current, but enough that it's worth playing with. Have fun... think of new
      ideas.

    • Robert Goodwin
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
        > I just stumbled across a great site for how to make wings... all kinds of
        > wings. http://www.fursuit.org/faq/17wings.htm . Not all links are still
        > current, but enough that it's worth playing with. Have fun... think of new
        > ideas.

        Hello, Cat. As maintainer of that FAQ, thanks for mentioning it. There
        were a couple links that went bad or moved, and I fixed them. The last
        link in 17.0 before 17.1 moved, so with a little looking, you'll find it.

        I'll have an update uploaded in a month or two after I gather together
        enough things to add or modify. I go through all the links by hand twice a
        year to check for bad links. Sure it's a lot of work, but I can see if
        someone's moved or something. It's even easier on broadband.

        --
        Homepage: http://www.furnation.com/boogi/
        AIM: rg1004 / boogikat007 ICQ: 103051846

        Sez who that a deaf person can't have fun on the net? No ears required!
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
          >> As maintainer of that FAQ, thanks for mentioning it. There
          were a couple links that went bad or moved, and I fixed them.

          Oooooh, I so understand links aging out. Drives me crazy... not just the
          big sites changing format... but so many of the smaller sites where we had
          great tips are aging out too. <sigh>

          Good luck on your updates.

          -Cat-

          _____

        • Robert Goodwin
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
            > Oooooh, I so understand links aging out. Drives me crazy... not just the
            > big sites changing format... but so many of the smaller sites where we had
            > great tips are aging out too. <sigh>

            Drives you bonkers, don't it? heh... Have you tried the Internet Wayback
            Machine to see if they're archived there?

            http://www.archive.org/

            If you can find the original owner, you could set it up on your own site,
            depending on what the owner says. Some places are just too classic and
            helpful to stay down long.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5, 2005
              >>Drives you bonkers, don't it? heh... Have you tried the Internet Wayback
              Machine to see if they're archived there?

              >>http://www.archive.org/

              Love that site. Bookmarked since I internet gamed with the cloudmakers.

              >>If you can find the original owner, you could set it up on your own site,
              depending on what the owner says. Some places are just too classic and
              helpful to stay down long.

              I'm very careful of permissions. Yes, much of it I could research from
              scratch... but I figure why reinvent the wheal when folks have done such
              good research jobs already.

              Homepage: http://www.furnation.com/boogi/
              AIM: rg1004 / boogikat007 ICQ: 103051846
              Y!M: boogikat MSNM: boogikat007

              Sez who that a deaf person can't have fun on the net? No ears required!

              Cat
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Cat+scratches&w1=Cat+scratches&w2=Scien
              ce+fiction&w3=Fantasy+costume&w4=Elizabethan+costuming&w5=Picture+storage&c=
              5&s=109&.sig=OZ-tI8Ff3cJm2LoJp0d_3A> scratches

              Science
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Science+fiction&w1=Cat+scratches&w2=Sci
              ence+fiction&w3=Fantasy+costume&w4=Elizabethan+costuming&w5=Picture+storage&
              c=5&s=109&.sig=Y24Kr0WDCysguufX64y6hw> fiction

              Fantasy
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fantasy+costume&w1=Cat+scratches&w2=Sci
              ence+fiction&w3=Fantasy+costume&w4=Elizabethan+costuming&w5=Picture+storage&
              c=5&s=109&.sig=PhH2a8RMyaSMVof238O_pA> costume

              Elizabethan
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Elizabethan+costuming&w1=Cat+scratches&
              w2=Science+fiction&w3=Fantasy+costume&w4=Elizabethan+costuming&w5=Picture+st
              orage&c=5&s=109&.sig=mnQPMWxOhbS0ZY_nl6qiBQ> costuming

              Picture
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Picture+storage&w1=Cat+scratches&w2=Sci
              ence+fiction&w3=Fantasy+costume&w4=Elizabethan+costuming&w5=Picture+storage&
              c=5&s=109&.sig=0tsmMwTa5eeYEAgkno3g5g> storage

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "F-Costume
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/F-Costume> " on the web.