RE: [F-Costume] FireFly/Zoe Costume

  • Naresha
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006
      > I think Zoe has more than one costume. If you
      > don't find the info you need on those links...
      > please come back here with some picture links >
      of which costume you're asking question about >
      and we'll see what our collective mind
      > can did up.

      If it's from the Firefly TV series, then she
      essentially only has one costume, but as I
      haven't gotten around to seeing the film I'm not
      sure about how many she has there.

      I'm assuming that you're talking about her normal
      vest and pants combo:

      There's one good one on IMDB that shows some of
      the top.

      http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0303461/Ss/0303461/5869100_2_32.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0303461

      Some shots of her necklace:
      http://www.serenityverse.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1

      A three-quarter shot:
      http://www.whedonsworld.com/files/pix/firefly/zoe/zoe04.jpg

      Side on:
      http://www.stainlesssteeldroppings.com/images/Zoe23.jpg

      Almost full length with Kaylee & Simon:
      http://www.josswhedon.it/gallery/displayimage.php?album=random&cat=3&pos=-383

      Side on with Mal: (click for larger image)
      http://www.josswhedon.it/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=3

      WITHOUT vest: (click for larger image)
      http://www.josswhedon.it/gallery/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=2

      Hope this helps!

      Naresha

      ~To forgive calls upon our love, to forget calls upon our strength~

      AIM: Naresha21 MSN: candyman_gypsy@... Yahoo: fruitcake5m1
      Personal LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/nareshaninya/
      Writing LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/writingsofresha/

      My Website! Slash Me Happy
      http://www.websamba.com/SlashMeHappy

      http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Resha

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2006

        >>If it's from the Firefly TV series, then she
        essentially only has one costume,

        Ah, just for information... she has a slightly different look she uses for
        the movie vs. the TV series. On those links... more than one outfit is
        there. (Shirt leave vest combo vs. higher leather shirt w/ sleeves things)
        And I know she has something that got a pseudo V1ictorian leather corset
        that laces in back.

        On mostly costumes for characters, the designer keeps them close to one
        color set. Zoe is a perfect example "browns and leathers", tight lines,
        but there are some differences. That's the fun of studying the photos,
        discovering the differences.

        So, we're still back to the original of picking an outfit... and then we can
        talk about specific patterns.

        A note on Firefly costumes, a lot of pieces are shopped. Military surplus,
        Easter Europe. Also... lots of bits from the garment district in LA where
        the fabric was bought.

        -Cat-
      • Naresha
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
          > Ah, just for information... she has a slightly
          > different look she uses for the movie vs. the >
          TV series.

          Thanks Cat, I haven't see the movie yet - it
          didn't last very long in the cinema here and I
          work weekends.. So I still ahven't gotten around
          ot watching it LOL!

          > On those links... more than one outfit is
          > there. (Shirt leave vest combo vs. higher
          > leather shirt w/ sleeves things)

          I know that there's at least two shirts in there
          - one collared, 3 quarter/long sleeved olive
          green "t-shirt" and a button down red shirt. But
          it's ESSENTIALLY the same thing! :P Brown
          vest... neutral/autumn tones for the rest... Gun
          holster!

          > And I know she has something that got a pseudo
          > V1ictorian leather corset that laces in back.

          I assume that muist be in the movie, because in
          the series, it's all side joined, almost like a
          sleeveless top.

          > On mostly costumes for characters, the designer
          > keeps them close to one color set. Zoe is a
          > perfect example "browns and leathers", tight
          > lines, but there are some differences.

          Oh god yes... Zoe is VERY simple! Almost as
          simple as Mal! :P It's unfortunate that there
          were so few episodes - it would have been nice to
          see her extend her wardrobe slightly... Maybe
          even into... GASP - A SKIRT! :P

          > That's the fun of studying the photos,
          > discovering the differences.

          Yeah, it's great fun! :) I did find a site that
          does custom made and has a version of Zoe's vest
          with some nice close ups and some ideas for
          anyone else looking to recreate it.

          > So, we're still back to the original of picking
          > an outfit... and then we can talk about
          > specific patterns.

          Yes... But we've got SOME idea! :) Not much more
          than we did to begin with, but an idea...

          Resha.

          ~To forgive calls upon our love, to forget calls upon our strength~

          AIM: Naresha21 MSN: candyman_gypsy@... Yahoo: fruitcake5m1
          Personal LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/nareshaninya/
          Writing LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/writingsofresha/

          My Website! Slash Me Happy
          http://www.websamba.com/SlashMeHappy

          http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Resha

        • ari_n_han
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
            I found a site with all kinds of screen captures from the
            series..there should be a few nice ones of Zoe that could help out
            with some of the details.

            http://www.whedonsworld.com/fireflys1caps.html

            Have fun! I was hunting for pictures of Kaylee's Shindig party
            dress. Yes, I'm insane. ;)

            Ari, the perpetual lurker
          • Puppetmaker
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
              Ari-
              There has to be a group for that dress. Last year at DragonCon I went
              to the Browncoats party with Jewel Staite and she was amazed at the
              number of hoopskirts she saw there. Someone took a picture of her and
              about 20 people in that dress.
              kath the puppeteer

              On 8/2/06, ari_n_han <ari_n_han@...> wrote:

              > I found a site with all kinds of screen captures from the
              > series..there should be a few nice ones of Zoe that could help out
              > with some of the details.
              >
              > http://www.whedonsworld.com/fireflys1caps.html
              >
              > Have fun! I was hunting for pictures of Kaylee's Shindig party
              > dress. Yes, I'm insane. ;)
              >
              > Ari, the perpetual lurker
            • Josie
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
                You could also try http://still-flying.net/images/ they have TONS of screencaps from all the episodes as well as other pics. hope this helps!
                ~Josie~

              • Silvara
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
                  Here is a great source of pictures too.

                  Silvara

                  http://gallery.angel-btvs.co.uk/index.php
                  There has to be a group for that dress. Last year at DragonCon I went
                  to the Browncoats party with Jewel Staite and she was amazed at the
                  number of hoopskirts she saw there. Someone took a picture of her and
                  about 20 people in that dress.
                  kath the puppeteer

                  On 8/2/06, ari_n_han <ari_n_han@...> wrote:

                  > I found a site with all kinds of screen captures from the
                  > series..there should be a few nice ones of Zoe that could help out
                  > with some of the details.
                  >
                  > http://www.whedonsworld.com/fireflys1caps.html
                  >
                  > Have fun! I was hunting for pictures of Kaylee's Shindig party
                  > dress. Yes, I'm insane. ;)
                  >
                  > Ari, the perpetual lurker

                • Avien
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 2, 2006
                    Hello,

                    I'm not sure which costume you're talking about. Joss made things a little
                    confusing by naming the pilot of Firefly the same as the movie. I've
                    several great costumes from Firefly - the leather vest/red shirt combo - but
                    I don't think I've seen any from the movie. I love her leather vest from
                    the movie and would love to see someone do that. Anyway, let us know and we
                    can come up with more specific suggestions. Is this for the Browncoat Ball
                    by any chance? http://www.browncoatball.com I'm hoping to see lots and
                    lots of costumes there.

                    Avien