Re: [F-Costume] X Men Phoenix Fabric Help

  • Jenzbiz1@cs.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
      Hi! I just recieved my order for 15 yards of red/black silk duponi
      (spelling?) from JoAnn's. It took four weeks because they apparently discontinued it.
      They had it transfered from other stores. It's normally $10 a yard, but you
      can use your coupon and get it for $6, if your store can get it for you.

      If you are looking for something not exact, but readily available... Jo Ann's
      also has a taffeta shiney red/black fabric in their home dec. department.
      It's 60" wide and also $10, $6 with coupon. Hope this helps a little...

      Jen

    • Silvara
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
        I have a bunch of leftover, let me measure it and I will get back to
        you off list. What's your email?

        Silvara

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
          _Crinkle Iridescent Taffeta: denverfabrics.com_
          (http://www.denverfabrics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Sto
          re_Code=001&Product_Code=26355&Product_Count=&Category_Code=) Here's what I ordered...they have plenty left 86
          yards of it, and it has the crinkle that people were commenting about before...

          The other option is Fabrics.com...I had a sample from them that was also
          quite decent, was just a bit more expensive though, and I wanted the crinkle, so
          I went with Denver Fabrics.

          Sarah

          "...and in the end you cannot touch the shadow. In the end, you do not even
          want to. In the end, the shadow is all you have left. Because the shadow
          understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto itself--
          And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels
          to be Anakin Skywalker, forever"

        • JustSewSimple
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
            I get my dupioni from exclusive silks on ebay. They're not US based so it takes 3 - 4 weeks to arrive, but including shipping and insurance (required) it's still about $10 per yard. http://stores.ebay.com/exclusive-silks_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

            Randi

          • Sarah
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2006
              I didn't see any red/black cross dye when I looked just now. She
              may be out. Fashion Fabrics Club has both 45 inch and 54 inch wide
              red/black cross dye.

              http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=E921

              http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/catalog_itemdetail.aspx?ItmID=B427
              Sarah