Re: Making a Quick Mask

  • b.jeffrey@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2006
      Just happen to see Cat's post on making a quick mask. As another easy alternative you might want to consider would be using the heat activated material WONDERFLEX which comes in 39"x57" sheets ($27.50 per sheet) as available from Dazian www.dazian.com with locations in NJ and CA.
      The product is activated with hot water or use a hot air gun and make about any shape required. Takes most any paint/coating or cover with fabric.
      The Thermoman of Dazian
      Brian Jeffrey

    • Puppetmaker
      Message 2 of 3 , May 12, 2006
        Brian-
        How sturdy is that material over time? And if it gets hot again say in
        a car trunk does it deform or keep its shape? I had some bad
        experiences with Friendly plastic over the years and various heat
        sources. (Do they make Friendly plastic anymore?)
        Thanks-
        Kath the Puppeteer

      • Lady Kareena Sartek
        Message 3 of 3 , May 17, 2006
          You can buy what is a basic mask form at craft stores, and build over
          that with cloth, paper, glitter, paint, etc.... Masks are simple to do-
          -done them for years. You can also make your own with newspaper and
          glue over a balloon, buidling until done, then let dry--I did this
          back in fifth grade for a class project. Done something like this for
          my Tuskan head, which is a mask, and on the glasses issue, some people
          who wear glasses wear them under masks like this or the stormtrooper
          helmets (again, a mask). My son who wears glasses has proven this,
          putting our 'heads' on.
          Pam