6115Re: RE: Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

    Oct 7 6:26 AM
      Thanks! This may be a better route all around. I have very thick upper arms so I have a hard time finding anything that will fit. This also gives me the freedom to use any material I want.

      From: "jehanni2@..." <jehanni2@...>
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2013 11:43 AM
      Subject: RE: RE: Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon
      Oh, and forgot to mention you *can* sew your own. I&apos;ve done it using a vintage Vogue pattern that belonged to my mom. In their current collection, V8311 looks like a similar pattern, but doesn&apos;t include an over-the-elbow length, so you&apos;d have the experiment and measure.

      I wanted gloves in a specific christmas-themed poinsettia lace, and because of the tiny seam allowances, I sewed them by hand. The thumb gusset is most complicated, but the rest is just (tedious) attention to making even stitches, and lots of little parts.

      ---In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, <f-costume@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      You may have already tried googling "opera gloves" but if not, this website appears to have a variety of options at different price points. I have not ordered from them, but they look like they might be worth exploring. http://www.greatlookz.com/category/dressy_gloves.gloves_by_length.opera_length/
      ---In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, <f-costume@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hopefully there are no big costume shops looking for saris now. :) And because this is my own costume I can go with anything that strikes my fancy - granted I really LOVE the facetted bead detail. I love the weight and swoosh the beads make. The other thing I&apos;m finding hard to find are brown over the elbow opera gloves. I&apos;ve found every color BUT brown. Sigh.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

      On 9/27/2013 7:48 AM, slc_fire wrote:
      ZOMG!! EUREKA! I&apos;ve hit the mother load! Indian Dupatta! The sari fabric seems to be just a bit heavier but the dupatta are perfect. Now the hard part is picking just one!
      Multiple times in history, sari&apos;s were a major component of dresses.  So... it&apos;s not just a cheat, it&apos;s history.  Ex: regency... though often they went for more embroidery, less bead; Edwardian (your "Titanic" era). I&apos;m pretty sure (but just from my research), the My Fair Lady Embassy  gown and for Cammeron&apos;s Titanic movie his folks were trolling for the old fashion chiffon beading at the same time I was looking for one of my sister&apos;s wedding dresse... and we drove the sari shops crazy.) -Cat-
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic