6114Re: Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

    Oct 7, 2013
      Thanks! I'll take a look!

      From: "jehanni2@..." <jehanni2@...>
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, October 6, 2013 11:22 AM
      Subject: RE: Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

      You may have already tried googling "opera gloves" but if not, this website appears to have a variety of options at different price points. I have not ordered from them, but they look like they might be worth exploring. http://www.greatlookz.com/category/dressy_gloves.gloves_by_length.opera_length/

      ---In F-Costume@yahoogroups.com, <f-costume@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      Hopefully there are no big costume shops looking for saris now. :) And because this is my own costume I can go with anything that strikes my fancy - granted I really LOVE the facetted bead detail. I love the weight and swoosh the beads make. The other thing I&apos;m finding hard to find are brown over the elbow opera gloves. I&apos;ve found every color BUT brown. Sigh.
      Sheree

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

      On 9/27/2013 7:48 AM, slc_fire wrote:
      ZOMG!! EUREKA! I&apos;ve hit the mother load! Indian Dupatta! The sari fabric seems to be just a bit heavier but the dupatta are perfect. Now the hard part is picking just one!
      Thanks!!
      Multiple times in history, sari&apos;s were a major component of dresses.  So... it&apos;s not just a cheat, it&apos;s history.  Ex: regency... though often they went for more embroidery, less bead; Edwardian (your "Titanic" era). I&apos;m pretty sure (but just from my research), the My Fair Lady Embassy  gown and for Cammeron&apos;s Titanic movie his folks were trolling for the old fashion chiffon beading at the same time I was looking for one of my sister&apos;s wedding dresse... and we drove the sari shops crazy.) -Cat-
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic