6109Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

    Sep 30, 2013
      I'm not recreating the exact dress colors. I'm using the jump dress as inspiration or guide to create a woodland fairy/sprite/faun. I want it to be structurally the same as the jump dress (same kinds of fabric and same pattern of dress) but in brown and green instead of black and red.

      From: Daniel Sanders <daniel.marcus.sanders@...>
      To: "F-Costume@yahoogroups.com" <F-Costume@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

      I'm a little confused at this point as to which titanic costume is being recreated. There isn't a gown worn with brown evening gloves by the main character in that movie.
      On Sep 29, 2013, at 4:18 PM, Ann Garner <agarner@...> wrote:

      At 10:47 AM 9/29/2013, you wrote:
      > The other thing I'm finding hard to find are brown over the elbow
      > opera gloves. I've found every color BUT brown. Sigh.
      >
      >Sheree
      .
      White gloves + brown dye = brown gloves
      You might want to use fabric dye in spray form, depending on the fabric.
      Ann in Arkansas

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic