6104Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

  • Sheree Cobernus
    Sep 29, 2013
      Hopefully there are no big costume shops looking for saris now. :) And because this is my own costume I can go with anything that strikes my fancy - granted I really LOVE the facetted bead detail. I love the weight and swoosh the beads make. The other thing I'm finding hard to find are brown over the elbow opera gloves. I've found every color BUT brown. Sigh.

      Sheree

      Sent from my iPad

      On Sep 27, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...> wrote:

      On 9/27/2013 7:48 AM, slc_fire wrote:
      ZOMG!! EUREKA! I've hit the mother load! Indian Dupatta! The sari fabric seems to be just a bit heavier but the dupatta are perfect. Now the hard part is picking just one!
      Thanks!!
      Multiple times in history, sari's were a major component of dresses.  So... it's not just a cheat, it's history.  Ex: regency... though often they went for more embroidery, less bead; Edwardian (your "Titanic" era).

      I'm pretty sure (but just from my research), the My Fair Lady Embassy  gown and for Cammeron's Titanic movie his folks were trolling for the old fashion chiffon beading at the same time I was looking for one of my sister's wedding dresse... and we drove the sari shops crazy.)