6101Re: [F-Costume] Source of beaded chiffon

    Sep 27, 2013
      On 9/27/2013 7:48 AM, slc_fire wrote:
      ZOMG!! EUREKA! I've hit the mother load! Indian Dupatta! The sari fabric seems to be just a bit heavier but the dupatta are perfect. Now the hard part is picking just one!
      Thanks!!
      Multiple times in history, sari's were a major component of dresses.  So... it's not just a cheat, it's history.  Ex: regency... though often they went for more embroidery, less bead; Edwardian (your "Titanic" era).

      I'm pretty sure (but just from my research), the My Fair Lady Embassy  gown and for Cammeron's Titanic movie his folks were trolling for the old fashion chiffon beading at the same time I was looking for one of my sister's wedding dresse... and we drove the sari shops crazy.)