      From: "slc_fire" <slc_fire@...>
      Subject: Re: [F-Costume] regency patterns
      Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 05:54:36 -0700 (PDT)

      Thanks Cat!
      I'm prepared (and dreading) mocking up. I'm a well endowed lady, as are the friends I'm making for, so I get the feeling I'm going to have to alter patterns to get around the assets. Am I correct in thinking these dresses aren't supposed to fit around and under the breats to an empire waist? They would have had stays to flatten the girls and smooth the torso but not cinching it in tiny right?
      My concern - the ladies I'm making these for insist on wearing their victorian corsets to slim their waist line. I keep trying to tell them it won't look right.
      Where do I find a good stay pattern? I have time to make both stays and dresses so I'd rather they have the right undergarments or fashion the dresses to fit a modern bra instead of the V corsets.

      Sarah Strong
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic