      From: Cat Devereaux <CatDevereaux@...>
      To: F-Costume@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, September 9, 2013 4:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [F-Costume] regency patterns

      On 9/9/2013 8:10 AM, s wrote:
      > What is your favorite regency gown pattern? Do you build skin out
      > (including a period corset) or do you use modern undergarments?
      I've got to admit that I often cheat with Regency. You can get a decent
      silhouette w/ a bra and a slip made off the dress pattern w/o sleeves,
      and maybe a lower neck. It will look a bit better if you have a long
      line bra because that fixes your posture a bit.

      That said, corded corsets aren't too bad. And you may want to put a
      small pad just below the high back seam so the dress drapes down from
      there w/o sitting on da rear.

      The biggest trick w/ Regency patterns is fitting the bust. Be sure to
      muslin. Even the folkwear pattern has problems there.

      -c-

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic